Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Price Of New Aygo

Jeff McCrory

When i bought my Aygo Blue with Style pack back in March 2008 it retailed at £8840. I managed to argue £400 off the asking price.

Today I ran the configurator on the Toyota website for exactly the same car and spec and it came to £10434 ?!!

Why the huge increase!? You can get a basic yaris for less than that! :( I suppose it helps second hand sales for us.

I am also impressed at the increase...

Bought my aygo way back in June/July 2009, picked it up on a 59 reg 1st sep 2009, and now there almost £1000 more expensive if i was to put my order in now!

Not so good for new buyers - should be good for 2nd hand values.

Why the huge increase!?

They have to get their Scrappage Scheme money back somehow :(

They get that from the government, well £1000 from the gov. Its pathetic! I am certainly not earning any more than I was in 2008 so why is a "budget" car now £1700 more expensive!?

Why the huge increase!? You can get a basic yaris for less than that! :( I suppose it helps second hand sales for us.

Don't forget that the gummint has been systematically devaluing the pound for the last year or so, the scrappage scheme could be seen as one way for the government to mask this change in the pound's value). The cost of buying commodities such as steel has also gone up a lot since you bought your car.

This means that imported cars like the Aygo are going to be more expensive.

Don't forget that the gummint has been systematically devaluing the pound for the last year or so, the scrappage scheme could be seen as one way for the government to mask this change in the pound's value). The cost of buying commodities such as steel has also gone up a lot since you bought your car.

This means that imported cars like the Aygo are going to be more expensive.

Yes I guessed it was to do with currency value and the recession :( Still its pretty dire it should increase so much!

Oh well, I wasn't thinking of getting a new one, still loving my current Aygo. Might just hang on to it for 10 years.

Best prices were around Summer of '09 (with Scrappage). Then you factor in 3 increases(?) since then - it makes this car great VFM. Can only be a good thing for residuals :)

Bring on next year's Road Tax renewal (£20) - looking forward to paying that tax.

Must be with the currency. In Finland the price has not gone up at all from the introduction of Aygo, actually it went down a year ago when the tax system were switched to CO2-based system and Aygo's low consumption made it cheaper. The price of Aygo Blue is now 13 600 euros + 600 for delivery costs in Finland which is about 12600 sterling pounds.

Im confused by all the websites Tax information am i getting the £20 Tax on my 2006 Aygo? cause i read its only on new Aygo's someone assist my confusion please

Im confused by all the websites Tax information am i getting the £20 Tax on my 2006 Aygo? cause i read its only on new Aygo's someone assist my confusion please

I'm sure its all Aygos as even with the Optimal Drive, the CO2 has been trimmed only a little. Both cars stay in the same RFL band. Altho' if others know different I shall bow to their knowledge!

As ours is a MKII, we know for sure that we're paying £20 RFL next year :)

Thanks for the quick responce well that takes some expense off my car now just £900 for the insurance to worry about :P