Sign in to follow this  
Mat-O

Dynolicious On The Iphone.

For people who don't know, Dynolicious is an app for an iPhone which calculates 0-60 times, quarter mile times a even gives an HP reading, you can get a graph of your results and email them to you etc.

Reading around the reviews and apparently it's pretty accurate as these things go, and as accurate as a standalone 150 quid unit. Though I may as well give it a go as it's about £7; it gave some results which seemed reasonable to be honest.

Yaris T Sport, completely standard except wider tires (Eagle F1). Note that the fuel tank was full to the brim and the conditions were wet.

Acceleration

0-10 MPH: 1.28 sec

0-20 MPH: 2.51 sec

0-30 MPH: 3.59 sec

0-40 MPH: 5.37 sec

0-50 MPH: 7.01 sec

0-60 MPH: 9.47 sec

0-70 MPH: 11.99 sec

0-80 MPH: 15.80 sec

Elapsed Time

60': 3.12 sec @ 24.6 MPH

330': 7.66 sec @ 51.5 MPH

1/8 mi: 11.38 sec @ 66.6 MPH

1000': 14.58 sec @ 76.7 MPH

1/4 mi: 17.29 sec @ 83.0 MPH

Miscellaneous

Max Speed: 84.6 MPH

Max Acceleration: 0.50 G's

Peak Horsepower: 84 HP

Not convinced by the HP reading but it may be correct, note that it is at the wheels and not the fly, there's an option to put a drivetrain loss to calculate it at the fly, but i dunno what it is so can't. You have to put weight in, now I put the car weight and my weight, but didn't put any fuel weight in. I may try again when I'm running on vapours and see what happens.

I'd be very interested in seeing some more results up here, so get on those iPhones lads, particularly those of you with stock Yaris T Sports, see how we compare! (I think it's available on a Blackberry too).

already got it. its fairly accurate to be fair but it needs to be calibrated properly and secure in the car as if it moves about too much it can affect the reading.

good app though and well worth the money

What I need is an app that tracks Failed iPhone deliveries from Vodafone....

already got it. its fairly accurate to be fair but it needs to be calibrated properly and secure in the car as if it moves about too much it can affect the reading.

good app though and well worth the money

Bear in mind that it uses the accelerometer in the iPhone to measure the acceleration. This is only accurate if your car does not pitch up at the front and down at the back, as all cars do to an extent. It cannot measure the change in pitch angle and the acceleration with only one accelerometer.

Hence there may be some error.

Paul.

make sure yo go through the callibration before use and your phone is well secured to the car for a more accurate reading.

did the Auris the other day. track was damp and slightly up hill.

Sr

2009 Toyota Auris sr180

Acceleration

0-10 MPH: 1.18 sec

0-20 MPH: 2.29 sec

0-30 MPH: 3.54 sec

0-40 MPH: 4.90 sec

0-50 MPH: 6.75 sec

0-60 MPH: 8.70 sec

0-70 MPH: 11.23 sec

0-80 MPH: 14.66 sec

Elapsed Time

60': 2.92 sec @ 23.3 MPH

330': 7.33 sec @ 56.7 MPH

1/8 mi: 10.96 sec @ 66.3 MPH

1000': 14.07 sec @ 79.0 MPH

1/4 mi: 16.70 sec @ 81.2 MPH

Miscellaneous

Max Speed: 85.3 MPH

Max Acceleration: 0.45 G's

Peak Horsepower: 170 HP

pretty close id say. figures for the SR180 quote a 0-60 time of 8.1 and also i didnt factor in a transmission loss either

pretty close id say. figures for the SR180 quote a 0-60 time of 8.1 and also i didnt factor in a transmission loss either

It's not bad, but you'd need to try it against a more accurate system (eg. radar) before drawing conclusions I would think. Too many variables, did you get the right amount of wheelspin, any headwind etc.

Paul.

you can factor in a roll out distance etc. it dosnt just rely on the accelerometer it uses GPS as well for the price of the app (about £7 IIRC) its accurate enough for me considering its many hundreds of ££ for a pro system.

There's a video review somewhere which they test it against a £150 system, they're around the same results, they were also very similar results on the 1/4 mile as at a timed drag strip. I'll try and dig it out...

here you go.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!