Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Replacement

jtegg53

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of replacing my standard fit stereo in my 07 Avensis and am wondering if anyone can answer a worry I have?

Will my on board computer/ temp and steering wheel audio controls still work if I replaced the stereo with a non standard unit or would there be problem?

Thanks very much

James

If its anything like my Corolla, then your going to lose them.

But i'll let the other Avensis owners tell you instead.....

I don't think man-bing is correct. The fuel information is located in a separate display above the head unit, so it might be that they are separate systems. It's not like the Corolla and the RAV4 where the fuel info is integrated into the head unit.

However, I've owned a 2003 Avensis, but never removed the stereo, so I don't know 100%. But all logic tells me that they are separate, and changing HU is no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Pioneer, Alpine and all the other big makers have their own cables so your not out of options here.

I'm not sure about the "disp" button on the steeringwheel but the audiocontrols do work.

You can try an 3rd-party cable aswell as they often are programmable so youn might get the other buttons to work.

Here's an example of these;

http://www.caraudio24.de/Zubehoer/Lenkrada..._3767_4266.html

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links