Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stay Or Go? Canada?

MSI64

Am moving to Cananda for three years.

Now am wondering whether to sell my Aygo or lock her away till we get back,

In the current climate I may not get a lot for her at the moment but I know I may get less when I get back.

However when we get back Im only in the UK for another two years after that and then Im moving permantly to the USA.

Am wondering if its worth putting her away somewhere till we return from Canada and then keeping her till we go to the US.

Another choice would be to sell my Aygo and keep the wifes car until we return (its a Nissan Note)

Any thoughts ????

As much as you may love the Aygo, i reckon it would be better to sell it, then buy something when you come back.

Dont think A car sitting for 3 years would do it much good. Plus theres all the costs of keeping it.

Aygo should fetch an ok value at the moment as there in demand =)

As much as you may love the Aygo, i reckon it would be better to sell it, then buy something when you come back.

Dont think A car sitting for 3 years would do it much good. Plus theres all the costs of keeping it.

Aygo should fetch an ok value at the moment as there in demand =)

Totally Agree :)

I can store it for free, thats no problem but I was also worried about long term effects of storing it.

Its only three years but I guess thats long enough, Just a pain to come back to the UK and having to car hunt again.

Decision Decisions

Regardless of condition all cars depreciate in value (there are very few exceptions). So calculate what its likely to be worth in 3 years time. Then deduct at least a grand for it suffering from lack of use. That should give you a rough idea of it's likely value. Just because it's in storage doesn't guarantee there is no risk of it being damaged or lost. How much would it cost to insure that possible loss.

It may be more economical in the long run to take what you can get now and invest the money in ISA's or such.

Cars are designed to be used..... I say.... sell it :yes:

Sell it. And the Note too... Storing a car for more than a year can be enough to

give you a couple thousands worth of problems, imagine what 3 years will do...

Sell it. And the Note too... Storing a car for more than a year can be enough to

give you a couple thousands worth of problems, imagine what 3 years will do...

I agree with you on this one. I left my GTi sitting for a few months and the coolant separated and gunk clogged up junctions in the system, clutch and brake systems need bleeding and flushing, and the Battery pretty well welded itself to the connectors. :(

Tyres went flat, rear discs rusted, oil built up gunk.... the list goes on mate. It didn't matter to me because I have years to fix it and get all of that sorted, whereas I doubt you will. Sell it and find another Aygo, if not, then something better. :)

Good luck with whatever route you decide to take with this mate. :D ;)

Storing a car long term without starting/moving is not good. You can't just lock up a car for three years and expect to find it in the same condition you left it. Even the petrol goes off after a while. If you had someone you could trust to keep an eye on the Battery condition, change fluids every year and start it up and move it a bit every once in a while it would probably be OK.

Thanks guys for the advice.

Its going to be a shame to see her go but I think your right. Well at least I can go and get a 4x4 when I move and not be taxed to the eyeballs for the pleasure.

Now Do I sell it private or do I go to a dealers?

Its average mileage for its age, the wifes car however only has 14,000 on it and its nearly four years old.

You are by far going to get the best return if you can sell your cars privately but clearly it will be your choice as to how you do that. How about trying the local press or Autotrader or Pistonheads :unsure:

Good luck with the process :thumbsup:

I sold my mums 56 reg aygo recently.

It was an Aygo Black,

1st owner from new

full service hist etc, Very very good condition - some scrapes on the alloy and one carpark dent.

think it had done 18/19K miles.

Dealer had it for £4880. Did advertise it private for £5,500 but there was no interest at all surprisingly

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links