Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed With My Supra

gav77

hi i've just bought a 1990 3.0 turbo supra and im over the moon ........ now for the bad news the turbo is shot i was hoping for a easy fix ie just putting some new seals in it but no the turbine blades have bits broken off. Is it going to be cheaper to get a second hand turbo if i can find 1 or get it replaced. A new char (i belive its called ) would be great, i know that they have to be balanced any advice or contacts would be very helpful i have waited a long time to get my supra and i still haven't driven it longing for the day i can

ps new to site

hi i've just bought a 1990 3.0 turbo supra and im over the moon ........ now for the bad news the turbo is shot i was hoping for a easy fix ie just putting some new seals in it but no the turbine blades have bits broken off. Is it going to be cheaper to get a second hand turbo if i can find 1 or get it replaced. A new char (i belive its called ) would be great, i know that they have to be balanced any advice or contacts would be very helpful i have waited a long time to get my supra and i still haven't driven it longing for the day i can

ps new to site

Hi Gav. I would firstly get the turbo situation looked into and see what is actually required and if any damage has been caused, a second hand turbo shouldn't be too difficult to source (breakers or clubs) or a recon unit. One thing to check on a MK3 before you start spending money is the head gasket, they are prone to give way, having said that I had three Mk3's and never encountered the problem.

Best of luck with sorting the car out.

get a proerper refurbed one, don't waste your time fitting knackered secon hand parts.

thanks for advice

turbo now sorted

now the money pit begins barney was right should have looked at head gasket as its blown

all i wanted was my supra now i have another project still at the end i will have a good supra striping it down tomorrow and doing the head