Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Immobiliser Not Working

badgerpet

I have looked at the posts for the immobiliser problems on Carina e model. My problem came about because the Battery had gone flat. Tried bump starting it and the alarm activated and immobiliser came on. I have replaced the car Battery and tried synching with fob. Again this is a fob that came with the car but has never worked. I have replaced the fob Battery and the red light comes on but doesnt seem to do anything. Is this because the central locking on the car has stopped working. Is there anyway of by passing the immobiliser without having to spend hundreds to resolve this issue.

I intend trying to synch the fob again. To do this I assume the car battery has to be connected. Please someone, point me in the right direction as the car is a 1994 model and not worth spending a fortune on but is my wife's pride and joy.

to deactivate the immobiliser just turn the ignition 3 times on and off and the immobiliser will deactivate

you don't need a dongle for the remote (i lost mine ages ago ) just turn the key in the lock to arm disarms the unit

I hope that helps

regards

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with my car after it had been stood for along period and Battery gave in.

Replaced car Battery and fob Battery and tried to resync but to no avail. Ended up contacting a local Auto Electrician who said that because the car Battery had been discharged for so long, the Alarm/Imobiliser memory had been wiped so would not re-sync. Ended up paying him £45 to disconnect the alarm altogether. Hope this helps.