Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Only 1 Reverse Light On? (01 Yaris)

ItalianStig

Hey guys, I only have 1 reverse light coming on in the my 01 yaris, I think its a recent thing as I passed MoT before I bought it so couldnt of been then, how is this occuring and is there a quick solution?

cheers

There is only one reversing light. Its on the left side. The "same light" on the right side is the rear fog light.

If (like me) you could sometimes use more light when reversing at night, then you can turn the rear fog light on when you start reversing and it does help a bit....

The 01 yaris only has 1 reverse light on the left hand side, the other side should be the rear fog light.

EDIT: beat me to it... grrr...

All Yaris only have one reverse light, apart from the T-Sport (2003 onwards) and 1.8 SR :thumbsup:

Cheers guys wasnt aware of that all it, thanks for the clarfication

Ah, I always wondered if the TS had 2 reverse lamps. I assume its got two fogs aswell then?

TS has 2 reverse lamps where the normal rear lights are and 2 fogs in the bumper either side of the number plate if im correct(?).

• 4 years later...

The left hand reversing lamp on the UK Series 1 Yaris is pretty hopeless and presumably it is intendad to be only a warning to approaching traffic from behind. As a means of illuminating the area behind the car it is pretty useless.

This is how I intend to improve the situation :-

I have bought on eBay France a secondhand Series 1 Yaris right hand rear lamp unit [feu arriere droit] and this has the reversing lamp instead of the fog lamp. In other words it matches the UK Yaris's left hand lamp unit.

I will now have two reversing lamps but no fog lamp.

I have also bought an aftermarket bumper-mounted fog lamp - the same type as fitted to imported cars.

I now have to work out the wiring modifications, which should not be too difficult I imagine.

If I could find replacement LED bulbs for the 382 pattern single filament bulbs provided, that would be an even better improvement.

The whole lot so far has cost me £30.

I suppose that alternatively, you could buy the EU left hand lamp unit [feu arriere gauche] and have two fog lamps, with either one or two separate reversing lamps - or just buy an aftermarket reversing lamp and leave everything else as it is !

Can anyone see any problems please ?

As regards the rear fog light, if one is fitted it must be either on the centre line of the car or on the driver's side of the centre line. If two are fitted they must be symmetrical with the centre line of the car and not less than 10cm from the illuminated edge of the stop light.

Hi, I was thinking of fixing the fog lamp just to the left hand side of the exhaust pipe, it has a swivel bracket which I hope will attach to the lower lip of the bumper and it will need earthing as well, mounted there.

Thanks for your interest.

The left hand reversing lamp on the UK Series 1 Yaris is pretty hopeless and presumably it is intendad to be only a warning to approaching traffic from behind. As a means of illuminating the area behind the car it is pretty useless.

This is how I intend to improve the situation :-

I have bought on eBay France a secondhand Series 1 Yaris right hand rear lamp unit [feu arriere droit] and this has the reversing lamp instead of the fog lamp. In other words it matches the UK Yaris's left hand lamp unit.

I will now have two reversing lamps but no fog lamp.

I have also bought an aftermarket bumper-mounted fog lamp - the same type as fitted to imported cars.

I now have to work out the wiring modifications, which should not be too difficult I imagine.

If I could find replacement LED bulbs for the 382 pattern single filament bulbs provided, that would be an even better improvement.

The whole lot so far has cost me £30.

I suppose that alternatively, you could buy the EU left hand lamp unit [feu arriere gauche] and have two fog lamps, with either one or two separate reversing lamps - or just buy an aftermarket reversing lamp and leave everything else as it is !

Can anyone see any problems please ?

Hi, if anyone is interested in doing similar, this is what I searched on :-

Feu arriere principal droit (feux) TOYOTA YARIS 1999 PHASE 1

Also the Yaris Mk3 has 2 reverse lamps as well , but only 1 x rear fog light that is to the right.

When I had the Mk1 CDX I swear it had two reverse lights as well.

Sometimes you wonder what Toyota are playing at - my age of Avensis T27 Tourer (dearer than a saloon) has 1 reversing light & 1 fog, the saloon 2 of each :dontgetit:

• 10 months later...

HELP!!! Hi I am new not sure if this is where to post but I got a ts bumper to fit a yaris phase 1 it has the fog lamps in but no bulb or wires and don't know how to go about connecting some up or what I need