Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Trim

jedi134

Hi all Ravka owners, Just a quicky!!!

Does this windscreen trim look like its in the correct position, is it surposed to be on the outside like in the photo, or should it be tucked under the top of the wing.

Table018.jpg

That's bizarre. Looked at mine yesterday and it seemed to have dropped down. Lifted it up until it was touching the fixed bit - don't know exactly where it sits.

Its the same? The windscreen has been replaced, as it had an chip, so i`m not sure if those AUTOGLASS muppets have put everything back how it was?

I personaly can`t remember how they were. also 1 of those plastic clips that holds the cowel on is missing, so they lost one of those too. The passenger wiper did`nt look straight either.

The trim in the photo just seems loose, like it should be tucked under the wing? How does that trim come off Anchorman? Any PDf`s LOL!!!!

Rubber seal sits up against the wing and the bottom corner section goes under the plastic trim along bulkhead.

So like in the picture?

Its the same? The windscreen has been replaced, as it had an chip, so i`m not sure if those AUTOGLASS muppets have put everything back how it was?

I personaly can`t remember how they were. also 1 of those plastic clips that holds the cowel on is missing, so they lost one of those too. The passenger wiper did`nt look straight either.

The trim in the photo just seems loose, like it should be tucked under the wing? How does that trim come off Anchorman? Any PDf`s LOL!!!!

Hi i work for a windscreen co. (not Autoglass) the main side trim clips into a plastic groove which is stuck to pillar , the bottom peice i push under wing

because it looks neater, we cary spare scuttle panel clips they are they the same on a lot of cars, i always check wiper opperation & adjust if neccesary, the trim on 4.2 is more

fidly than on 4.3, but shuold always spend time to make it look right. I would be carefull poking around with screwdriver etc. if you catch edge of glass

it could develope into a crack.

I to thought it would look neater tucked under the wing, but was not sure if it should go there, :unsure: Do they come like that from the factory?

They now seem to be getting loose the way they are now, wind catching them etc.

God only knows what wonder`s lurk under the scuttle panel, If I find an empty coke can/crisp packet/!Removed! end or an old shoe under there, There will be murder. :2guns:

Nobody these days seems to do a proper job, thats why I do all work on my vehicles myself, where possible.

Those clips are quite common then? do you know where I can get some from Mr 2.2 D4D

As per your pic, just twist it so the rubbers against the wing

They won`t twist, they are bent out that way, I`d have to take it off and bend it back, so it seats on the wing, but think I`ll tuck it up behind it.

No doubt Mr Autoglass man just ripped them out Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

cheers anyway

Anyone got any photos of said trim in proper position?

I to thought it would look neater tucked under the wing, but was not sure if it should go there, :unsure: Do they come like that from the factory?

They now seem to be getting loose the way they are now, wind catching them etc.

God only knows what wonder`s lurk under the scuttle panel, If I find an empty coke can/crisp packet/!Removed! end or an old shoe under there, There will be murder. :2guns:

Nobody these days seems to do a proper job, thats why I do all work on my vehicles myself, where possible.

Those clips are quite common then? do you know where I can get some from Mr 2.2 D4D

we buy them from Laddaw ltd. but i don't think they sell to public. i know they can be bought from toyota because we fit their screens & they supply

clips & trims as necessary

As per your pic, just twist it so the rubbers against the wing

They won`t twist, they are bent out that way, I`d have to take it off and bend it back, so it seats on the wing, but think I`ll tuck it up behind it.

No doubt Mr Autoglass man just ripped them out Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

cheers anyway

Anyone got any photos of said trim in proper position?

try looking at other cars in a dealer??

Thanks for the PDF`s once again, I very much doubt Mr Autoglass followed those instructions to the letter.

Yep as Bothwell says I may have to go looking at RAV`S windscreens soon, to see whats what, No doubt some will be under the wing and some not,

Maybe we should start a Pol, " Is your trim in or out"??

To me they look like they should fit under the wing, Iwill try it that way and see if it fits.

Looks like this

post-43729-1264164271_thumb.jpg

A picture says a thousand words - thanks for taking the trouble.

Excellento!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

So they must be tucked up under the inside of the wing. Does look better that way too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links