Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To De-cat Or Not To De-cat?

TarmacTerrorist

hi there new to the yaris scene was looking on a bit more info about de catting the car got it booked in for its exhaust and the k and n typhoon will be here tomorrow and was wondering will decatting it make performance figures better or worse than a t sport with ahigh flow sports cat?

apreciate any replys

John

It should never pass another MOT test...

understand legally it wouldnt but i know a few ppl with garages so that wont be an issue just looking to see if there is a difference in power with or without a decat on ?

You probably will get a rise in HP with the mods you mention. Not a clue how much more HP though?

Seem to remember that on the T-Sport, the best thing to do is fit a full stainless free-flow exhaust system. That way there is no restrictions in the headers either and it's a straight through pipe then.

This done and a typhoon kit should get you an extra 10-15hp i think (But i could be soooo wrong so don't flame me!):lol:

thanks for the replys guy apreciate it the cars manifold isnt ordered yet but was stuck between the OBX or 5Zigen not keen on payin 500beef for the 5Zigen tho lol

I used to have the OBX 4-2-1 on my yaris, was a good manifold, got it from eBay US for £100

understand legally it wouldnt but i know a few ppl with garages so that wont be an issue just looking to see if there is a difference in power with or without a decat on ?

As its illegal I’m sure TOC doesn’t condone or promote such activity (as in speeding posts which get removed. See T&C's)

Expect this topic to be deleted as the moderators don’t have double standards :thumbsup:

As its illegal I’m sure TOC doesn’t condone or promote such activity (as in speeding posts which get removed. See T&C's)

Expect this topic to be deleted as the moderators don’t have double standards :thumbsup:

Sorry but this is a car forum and he hasnt mentioned once he is going to be driving it on a public road and if this topic gets deleted its a joke!

Anyway......Raeman is correct you should expect between a 10-15bhp rise with a full system exhaust and a typhoon, i am running one :blink: and am very happy!

A full system exhaust I would take your experience on but there is no way a typhoon or performance air filters will add any signficient hp... and tests prove this. K&N however claims 4.56 more horsepower than with the stock intake so that sould mean 5bhp per tonn more in a T-Sport. If it is true then it is well worth it as you get your money back in mpg. I will not beleive them.

Related article: http://www.subcompactculture.com/2009/11/p...intake-for.html

Would one need to declare a typhoon for insurance as a modification?

A full system exhaust I would take your experience on but there is no way a typhoon or performance air filters will add any signficient hp... and tests prove this. K&N however claims 4.56 more horsepower than with the stock intake so that sould mean 5bhp per tonn more in a T-Sport. If it is true then it is well worth it as you get your money back in mpg. I will not beleive them.

Related article: http://www.subcompactculture.com/2009/11/p...intake-for.html

Would one need to declare a typhoon for insurance as a modification?

Yes you do but most companies wont charge you anything for it. Its down to the fact that you are upping the horsepower in your car. My insurance company lets me have a induction kit and exhaust system for free and any cosmetic mod like lowering springs, tints etc. But anything that give me more power they would charge me.

i understand the owners club dont condone speeding(would also like to point out that no one condones speeding on public roads.. however we ARE ALL guilty of doing this at one point or another) but never mentioned i would be speeding. As for the K7N Typhoon just fitted this today and there seems to be a noticable difference lower down feels like its accelerating slightly faster and throttle response is more crisp sounds also the mutts nuts :D :D cars booked in for decat with one silencer so its not rediculously loud :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links