Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi Lux

bigoink

I need a Hi Lux and would like to ask those of you out there ,are there any particular bad points to look for in vehicles under 3 years old ?(double cab model) I hate auto transmissions with a vengeance.....is the hilux available with manual trans. & which is the engine of choice for reliability?

I need a Hi Lux and would like to ask those of you out there ,are there any particular bad points to look for in vehicles under 3 years old ?(double cab model) I hate auto transmissions with a vengeance.....is the hilux available with manual trans. & which is the engine of choice for reliability?

I bought the 3.0 Invincible d/cab last year after having owned a L200 Mitsi. The Hilux is the real deal compared to the L200 in that it's actually built for the job. This week it's towed an Audi A6 Avant and a LR Discovery 3 out of the mud and didn't slip one bit. The only thing I would say is the engine feels very restricted, maybe because it's only got low mileage on it (approx 2800 mls) and may loosen up but I've bought an engine chip kit for it but haven't had time to fit it as yet.

Overall though, very pleased. In the snow I felt like I was driving to the North Pole ala Clarkson & May! :P

• 2 weeks later...

comparing a 2.5 l200 with a 3.0 hilux is like apples and peers...