Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supra Time.......

daiashthomas

undecided....

cant decide weather to get a Supra TwinTurbo or an evo 5/6

i will be driving an evo 6 later on today, and a silvia s15, both standard, is the sylvia a similar drive to a supra? as i've never driven or been in a supra before, as there's not too many around.

thanks

....i've never driven or been in a supra before, as there's not too many around....

Not too many around :huh:

That says to me that you should buy the Supra.... drive something a little more exclusive :yes:

The Silvia is a good car but quite different to the Supra. The Evo will cost you a fortune on servicing costs....

Buy the Supra :thumbsup:

x2 for Supra!

Would love one myself.... maybe next car

:thumbsup:

well.......... After seeing both cars in action, i'm loving the Evo VI!!!!! running costs don't bother me too much, as it's not destined to be a daily driver, as i have a company vehicle, and an Auris sr180 (which the mrs looks after)

but the exclusivity of the supra has still got a little bite on me

Evos are horribly horribly made and finished. Capable yes, Fast in pretty much anyone hands yes. Rewarding to drive, no.

Sadly, I fear my opinion here may be one somewhat different to others.

I love Supras, when presented nicely with tasteful mods that are in 'tune' with the cars overall look and stance. They are undoubtedly big hitters in the performance stakes, the world renowned straight 6 turbo is simply an awesome engine. Std form they drive very well and accommodate most driving styles comfortably.

I cannot comment on the SX as it is not a car I have been a passenger in, have driven or even looked into. But for me I feel they look great.

Evo's......well the name of the brand speaks for itself, Yes they can be fairly poorly constructed with fairly horrible interiors dash etc! But they have the full package when it comes to drive, capabilities, and seemingly endless tuning potential whilst still remaining a road legal car. For me, it would be first port of call if service costs, parts costs and fuel costs are not an issue. The rallying pedigree of them is something of a legend, so as a race/rally/anything 4 wheeled and found in FIA/MSA sanctioned events NUTT, they are my 1st option. :)

I reckon you should get a Supra, better name, renowned and rare.

You know it's the right choice... ;)

After owning an Evo and 4 Supra's....

...me personally i wouldn't recommend any of them.

But if you are set on one i'd say Evo for 0-60, handling and practicality. Id suggest supra for reliability, top speed and tuning.

loving the comments guy's but I just cant make my mind up! really fancying a chaser or something big and luxurious, japanese, rwd similar size to 5 or 7 series :wacko::wacko:

loving the comments guy's but I just cant make my mind up! really fancying a chaser or something big and luxurious, japanese, rwd similar size to 5 or 7 series :wacko::wacko:

Then a Toyota Altezza sounds like a good idea to me. :D

• 1 month later...

Supra - quick in a straight line, thats about it.

Get the Evo 6 mate, not the 5. Theyre basically the same car but i think the evo 6 has a lighter ARB or something like that...but 6 is the one to have. Speed, Handling, Rare As Fook and they look the nuts (especially in white) !!!

I plan to have one for my next car! currently driving a supercharged civic type R! but work as a Toyota Technician :lol:

Hope this helps

Supra - quick in a straight line, thats about it.

Far more to a MKIV Supra than just straight line speed ;)

• 1 month later...

Supras are one of the best looking cars out there. I'd get that over an Evo any day. Punks drive Evo's... Cool people (and those who can afford to) drive supras!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Supra twin turbo are best because Toyota Supra was offered with two different engine options. a naturally aspirated 2JZ-GE, 3.0 litre, straight 6 with 220 horsepower and 210 ft/lbs of torque, and a 2JZ-GTE 3.0 litre twin turbocharged straight 6 with 320 horsepower and 315 ft/lbs of torque.

Car Parts