Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This A Good Price?

Bennyb

Thanks to everyone that posted on my earlier topic regarding the bluetooth.

So after much deliberation I have decided to go for the Aygo Blue 5 door as I really like the idea of the bluetooth and air con as standard (I can live with out alloys and half leather which the platinum comes with).

Dealer is offering the above car with full tank of fuel and tailored mats for £9,358. Is this a good price, has anyone purchased one in the last 2-3 weeks and got a much better deal?

Not sure if you are looking to P/X ... but I would see what DtD are offering as a price first. Thats usually rock-bottom and gives you a very good idea of what these cars are going for.

Not wishing to sound disrespectful to anyone owning a Platinum; I just can't see the appeal of it. You can buy a Blue and then add the Style Pack and get a car with pretty much everything. You can add the leather steering wheel later too ...

I think that is a fair price considering how in demand the AYGO is at the moment and the list price being £9841 + extras.

P.S. The bluetooth system works great!

Drive the deal are showing one of these at under £8200 (without fuel or mats), so that makes £9300+ too expensive.

Make the dealer work harder! :thumbsup:

Have you tried looking at car quake and what car target prices? They should give you a good idea of what is supposed to be a good deal. Car quake will look at the cheapest deal near you so you could probably use that as a bargaining point.

When I got my Aygo blue late 07 I remember the catalogue saying that the tailored carpet mats come as standard in the Blue grade not sure if it is anymore tho. Also might be worth asking how much they're charging petrol for. You might be better off getting petrol elsewhere. Hope that helps.

Drive the deal are showing one of these at under £8200 (without fuel or mats), so that makes £9300+ too expensive.

The problem with Drive the Deal is that they have some very restricted 'rules' to allow you to get their best price, like you must take out a particular finance deal etc.

The problem with Drive the Deal is that they have some very restricted 'rules' to allow you to get their best price, like you must take out a particular finance deal etc.

Possibly, but the local dealer doesn't need to know that when your buying locally ;) Having sold cars for many years if you don't ask you don't get :)

Possibly, but the local dealer doesn't need to know that when your buying locally ;) Having sold cars for many years if you don't ask you don't get :)

+1 Quite right.

Well thanks for all the input everyone, I've taken the plunge and paid my £500 deposit, decided to take the deal offered and keep with local dealer as only 5 miles down the road if things go belly up!

Delivery date is 1st March, the countdown has begun......

Well thanks for all the input everyone, I've taken the plunge and paid my £500 deposit, decided to take the deal offered and keep with local dealer as only 5 miles down the road if things go belly up!

Well, fair play to you - do what you're happy with :)

Your car comes with a 3 Year Warranty - valid throughout the UK and Europe too - so no matter where you are, the warranty protects you. Buying from your local Dealer does not guaruntee you any more or less of a service/protection or otherwise you know :P But hey-ho...thankfully there are people out there willing to accept a [much] lesser discount on what they buy - means that when people like me go in to buy, we stand a better chance of getting a discount :D

They aren't DTD "rules". DTD discount the price of the car and then apply whatever incentives the manufacturer is offering to the dealerships to further reduce the price.

If you buy from the dealer they will also offer you these incentives for taking finance. It can actually work in your favour if you can get cheaper finance or have the cash to buy. If the finance can be taken and then paid off immediately with no penalties you take the dealer finance and get the cheap price then use your cash to pay off the outstanding amount.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links