Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Programming Master Key Copy - Corolla 1997

Pimped

Hey Everyone

I have had a copy of my main ignition/master key from the local key-cutters. Their machine is haivng problems programming the chip/transponder in the copy.

The copy was starting the car before when I had my original key next to it, but then when I went to another branch of the key-cutters, she said it had the wrong type of chip in the copy and changed the chip. It not doesn't start the car even with the original next to it.

They said that the chip is now correct and I may be able to program the key using a procedure such as this one: http://www.kabadobrasil.com.br/images/pdf/...852-E-1105].pdf

Add Duplicate Key

1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.

2. Insert existing master key into ignition.

3. Within 15 seconds depress and release accelerator pedal 5 times.

4. Within 20 seconds depress and release the brake pedal 6 times and

remove key.

5. Within 10 seconds insert new key into ignition.

6. Within 10 seconds depress and release the accelerator pedal 1 time.

7. After 80 seconds new key is registered and security light goes off.

8. Remove new key and depress and release brake pedal 1 time.

I have tried the above and a few different methods but nothing works. Everything I find is for 1998+ but I have 1997 with the round headlights.

It's a 1.3GS

Can anyone help me sort this out please? Whatever extra info is needed, let me know and I'll get it right away. The lady said she will keep the old chip safe for me in case I cannot get my copy working.

I also found an eBay listing that is my next best option

Regards

Pimped

By the way, I forgot to mention that my remote control for keyless entry has stopped working, so I'm not sure if there is a problem with the onboard computer or if it is just the fob/remote.

47 Views and no reply. Come on guys, I really need some help here. I'm sure someone has the know-how or has come across information regarding this.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am at my wits end and have run out of search terms.

Cheers :)

47 Views and no reply. Come on guys, I really need some help here. I'm sure someone has the know-how or has come across information regarding this.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am at my wits end and have run out of search terms.

Cheers :)

Hey Mr Impatient!!

You could try here:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82358

Good luck :thumbsup:

funilly enough i have just had the same problem with gettin a new key,

i took it to toyota and the scanned the old key to get the code then put the code onto the new one,

all done by there diag machine!!

all the door slamming stuff is for the remote, coding is by toyota's machine!! it cost me £80

Here is a procedure that worked for me:

It's a 1997 E11 Corolla 1.6 GS, (I've got the round head-lights as well)

Reprogramming Instructions:

Firstly, ensure your vehicle is a Japanese built. Ie: Chassis number will start with JT-----

1. Get in drivers seat leaving door opened and key NOT in ignition.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove.
3. Press the door lock - unlock button (on door panel switch gear) 5 times (40 secs max).
4. Close drivers door then open it.
5. Press lock - unlock button 5 times again.
6. Insert key into ignition.
7. Turn ign key from 'lock' to 'on' ONCE (no more as you can wipe all codes).
8. Remove key from ign.
9. The central locking should now start locking and unlocking on it's own.
10. Within 20 secs press and hold the remote 'lock' switch for more than 1 second.
11. Once more if the receiver has received the signal the door locks should start operating on own.
12. Close drivers door and open it.
13. Press and hold the 'lock' button on remote for more than 1 second.
14. The door locks should once more cycle lock to unlock on own, once this time.
15. If another transmitter need tuning carry out steps 10- 15 with next transmitter.

----

Also see: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=67444

----

Battery: CR2016 3V

The key is a Denso 1512T 1997

Hope that's useful, please let me know if it worked for you.

Hi guys

thanks for the replies. Sorry if I seemed impatient. I have been taking a break from the comp because overuse is killing my shoulder.

Anyway, I will try sbm007's method and see what happens. I tried it before but I pressed the "Lock" 5 times instead of: lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock (as I spotted in another website).

Will let you know soon.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

tried the suggestions and nothing worked.

Took the key back to the key cutters and requested to have a TPX1 transponder fitted in accordance to what they recommended I was supposed to have last time I spoke to them.

Lo and behold, after programming the bigger transponder on a new machine, it worked!

The chip I had in the key was a T5: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/26077722...onder_Chip.html , and it was useless and only supposed to be programmed by way of manual programming. The TPX1 was programed by a diff chap at the key cutters and he knew what he was doing unlike the other person.

Thanks for the help and assistance and I hope my concluding post helps anyone who ever reaches here.

• 3 years later...

I know this post is old but I have exhausted Google with my problem and hope someone could help me!!!!! here it goes:

My Key fob was water damaged and did not work after I had dried it out, I changed the batteries just in case it was a simple fix with no cigar. I managed to dig out a spare key fob, put the new batteries in and tried the Unlock button but again no cigar, so I manually unlocked using the key and tried the Lock button which WORKED it also stopped the alarm from going off every time I used the car which was a sigh of relief. I disabled the alarm completely by using the Key in Ignition 5 times. I can now only use my key fob to Lock the car but ideally I need both buttons to be working as I have kids and its a nightmare manually opening the car up all the time.

I have tried all the methods Google have provided but again no cigar

would I now need to get mugged by a Toyota dealership to get the key Reprogrammed to be able to unlock? Here is my key type KOSTAL Tx2T434 key and 2 buttons on same unit. Pleeease someone help me I would be deeply in your debt.

• 2 weeks later...

idrinkboostalot, have you ever found the answer you were looking for? I have the same problem. Someone please help me program my remote! The key is the same as idrinkboostalot's. Kostal Tx2T434. The Corolla is the 1997-2002 model, has bug eyes for headlights.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links