Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stone Chip

Harriet_Beaumont

Today when I was carrying a lot of things out of my car I did something REALLY dumb. I managed to smack my keys into the side of the door edge and it has chipped out a tiny amount of paint :-(

It is only the size of a pin hole but I know these things cost hundreds of pounds to repair, so I called Toyota and ordered some touch up paint which only cost £7.85.

I know this might sound girly but...how exactly do I go about repairing it? Also, should I do anything in the mean time, it will take 2 - 3 days for delivery...

post-83079-1264433004_thumb.jpg

Ooops, its only a tiny chip so dont worry.

Clean the chip and let it dry and then put the touch up on gently and sparringly, then let it dry. If the kit comes with lacquer you could put a bit of that on afterwards. Don't do this in the rain and let it dry off before touching it.

If its really small i would use a matchstick end (unused) of similar and let a little bit of paint come off and fill the hole, the brush may cover a larger area then needed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links