Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Light Doesn't Come On With Doors Open

nealsmith

Hi all,

as title suggests really. interior light can be turned on by pressing the lights. but when doors open they don't come on. the buttons on the doors don't seem to be sticking. Any other ideas?

What model and year is your yaris? The only interior lights I know of that you can press are the map reading lights, do you mean these? Otherwise try the other switch positions on the centre light itself, OFF I think is in the center, the other positions either side are ON and DOORS.

When you say pressing the lights it sounds like a new shaped Yaris. The lights at the front by the rear view mirror (2 of them) are map reading lights and aren’t connected to the door switch.

There is another light in the centre of the roof which has 3 settings, On – Off – Door.

When selected to Door this light will come on when the doors are opened. It has a delay when the doors are closed and also a dimmer switch type operation which is pretty cool, it comes on gradual and turns off gradual. Turn it to the On position to make sure the bulb hasn’t gone :thumbsup:

Glad someone has made this thread already because mine aren't coming on either! I changed the interior light bulb a while ago and it worked for a spell but now it has stopped working altogether regardless as to what setting it is on. What should I do?

Glad someone has made this thread already because mine aren't coming on either! I changed the interior light bulb a while ago and it worked for a spell but now it has stopped working altogether regardless as to what setting it is on. What should I do?

Get a wizard to change the bulb again! ;) :lol:

Changing the bulb was a !Removed! in the first place. I also need to find the original bulb and fit that. I suppose it would be better as the original was brighter. Does anyone know where I can get a really bright bulb for my interior light?

Changing the bulb was a bitch in the first place. I also need to find the original bulb and fit that. I suppose it would be better as the original was brighter. Does anyone know where I can get a really bright bulb for my interior light?

You could try one of the "LED replacement" bulbs that are currently available

I use the philips blue range which give 40% more light for the same wattage also the heat output is the same.

• Like 1

What LED bulbs are we talking about?

I already tried one which was rubbish (current one thats in there) it was a lot dimmer than the manufacturer one but did cast a cool blue light...

What LED bulbs are we talking about?

I already tried one which was rubbish (current one thats in there) it was a lot dimmer than the manufacturer one but did cast a cool blue light...

I have seen LED replacement bulbs for sale at some of the car shows............I may be an idea to do a search on the net for sorce of supply :thumbsup:

• 11 years later...

Hi There

Thought you should know the 2007 Yaris illuminated entry system with keyless entry can be disabled, and this may be why your automatic illuminated entry system might not work. The Toyota owners manual states to contact your dealer in relation to changing how your door illumination system operates. I think this may be a case of coupling up to the cars computer to reconfigure commands.

I am talking about the illumination system that does not have a manual switching system on the double lighting unit for driver and passenger. page 88 of your Yaris owners manual. Toyota make ref to page 386, I assume this is the factory manual they hold, as your owners manual finishes at page 248!

Hope this helps, I will be contacting Toyota dealer to clarify, as my door entry system has been disabled electronically! I assume dealer charges to reconfigure this setting.

James W.

• 1 year later...

Baught a Toyota Yaris 2008 just the other day drove it for the first time in the dark. When going back to the car and opening the door no automatic light came on anybody know the problem? Thanks.

There's a switch near the interior lights that makes it turn on when the door is opened; Is it on? If not the lights will only turn on when you press them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links