Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Swap!

elitechef

hey guys i own a 1995 corolla that i love to bits. currently runnin a 1.3 16 valve twin cam engine looking to go bigger but want to change engine with as little trouble as possible need somthing that fits directly in mechanically with as little wiring as possible if any one could help id really appriate it thanks waynepost-89338-1264551406_thumb.jpg

post-89338-1264551429_thumb.jpg

about the only thing that will drop in with a minimal of wiring will be the 5E-FE. it's found in the paseo and sera it's a 1.5 pretty similar to the 4E-FE enigins you have at the moment. if your model has a conventional distributor you will be able to simple swap the engines over and they'll plug right in, then swap the ECU's over. if you have a DLI system (non spinning dizzy but a pair of coil packs) there will be a little bit of rewiring involved.

about the only thing that will drop in with a minimal of wiring will be the 5E-FE. it's found in the paseo and sera it's a 1.5 pretty similar to the 4E-FE enigins you have at the moment. if your model has a conventional distributor you will be able to simple swap the engines over and they'll plug right in, then swap the ECU's over. if you have a DLI system (non spinning dizzy but a pair of coil packs) there will be a little bit of rewiring involved.

thank bt those models of cars are very rare to find in ireland wud it take much mork to fit a 1.6 mr2 engine in?

in a word yes as you would need to swap and mod the engine loom as well as the ECU. its also a 4A series engine so mounts will need adapting.

The 4e-fte engine will drop straight in but of course the wiring here would take a lot, this engine is commonly found in starlet turbos. It's a 1.3 turbo . Very easy to find in Ireland and this engine sawp has been done a good bit already!!

if you can weight i 'm thinking of swapping my 4A-FE, my old corolla's engine, into my Paseo so the 5E will be coming out.

if you can weight i 'm thinking of swapping my 4A-FE, my old corolla's engine, into my Paseo so the 5E will be coming out.

yeah im in no hurry to change the engine so cud do a deal 4 it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links