Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

H E L P

celica daddy

:censor: :censor: I need help, cos this F@$%*!g paseo is driving me nuts. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: I've changed the engine in my seo, but I cant get spark. The injection rail seems to be getting fuel. I then changed the coil, ignitor, plugs, complete dizzy unit. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Any ideas lads?

Where could I get a wiring diagram for a paseo 5-efe or starlet 4 e-fe?

Also, does anybody know if the engine ECU is coded for the vehicle keys, or is there a seperate control unit for this?

Had the same problem your describing on the sleeper. Turned out it was the ignitor not earthing off the bodywork properly. Are all your earths good in general? The 1 to the body and the 1 to the gearbox? Or could be an immob. problem but doubt it if its just the engine you've changed.

Also 99% sure the ECU is coded to the keys.

Had the same problem your describing on the sleeper. Turned out it was the ignitor not earthing off the bodywork properly. Are all your earths good in general? The 1 to the body and the 1 to the gearbox? Or could be an immob. problem but doubt it if its just the engine you've changed.

Also 99% sure the ECU is coded to the keys.

The damn thing drove into the garage, it just sounded like a rock breaker :wacko::angry:

:censor: :censor:

Getting fuel @ rail :thumbsup: ,

Engine turning over :thumbsup: ,

immobiliser deactivating cos i'm getting fuel :thumbsup: ,

All connections look OK :thumbsup:

Power @ coil :thumbsup: .

:censor: :censor:

Get the ECU read off by an OBD Code Reader. It will tell you of any problems that sensors around the engine pick up.

I thought it could be something to do with cold-start? Maybe the ECU isn't gettin the right readings so refuses to keep the motor turning. :g:

Get the ECU read off by an OBD Code Reader. It will tell you of any problems that sensors around the engine pick up.

I thought it could be something to do with cold-start? Maybe the ECU isn't gettin the right readings so refuses to keep the motor turning. :g:

Yeah, cos the mil lamp dont work, i need someone to put a code reader on it, mind you i dont think its an OBD plug. Maybe older diagnostic plugs didnt have to be the same for OBD I. I know at a certain point all cars had to have a standardised OBD II socket under block exemption rules in European union.

No engine light? im pretty sure the older toyotas used that to start the car (was part of the same circuit or something) Id try and get that working first. Also the paseo is too old for an OBD plug,just got the diagnostic plug under the bonnet. Bridge out E1 and TE1 to get the codes (if theres any) but then again...you cant coz the engine light dont work lol.

No engine light? im pretty sure the older toyotas used that to start the car (was part of the same circuit or something) Id try and get that working first. Also the paseo is too old for an OBD plug,just got the diagnostic plug under the bonnet. Bridge out E1 and TE1 to get the codes (if theres any) but then again...you cant coz the engine light dont work lol.

I was pretty sure OBD came in after the paseo!

Engine IS turning over, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

fitted new Iridium spark plugs, :thumbsup:

HT leads all under max resistance, :thumbsup:

fuel pressure @ rail, :thumbsup:

power @ coil & igniter, :thumbsup:

New dizzy fitted from car with 22K (which was driving till i stole the dizzy)

:ffs: :ffs: :ffs: I don't understand where the problem lies :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

I have found these at internet. It is for the 4E-FTE. Theye are not that good, but maybe better than nothing.

I might be able to find the wiring for the Paseo, but it is difficult to copy and paste. I have the Mitchell on demand manuals. But I can't copy anything from those files. So I have the wiring for Paseo, but I can't share it with you. Sorry!

ECU_wiring_4E_FTE.pdf

Engine light coming on with the rest of the ignition lights? Checked all your earths?

:( :( No mil lamp, lamp not lighting upwith ignition lamps :( :(

took out dash clocks, bulb ok, swapped it witk one for SRS which is working. made no difference!!

all earths look ok

That means that you don't have proper contact from the Battery via the MIL, ecu, diagnostic box to the ground.

The american 97 Paseo has this wire routening according to MODS.

From the fusebox behind the left kickbox 10 A fuse guage there should be a red/blue wire at terminal E7 to the instrument cluster terminal A1. In the terminal cluster it goes to the MIL-lamp and continues to terminal B4 where it should be a grey/blue wire. This wire is connected to the ECM behind the glovebox terminal 8 (aka W).

From the ECM there is a green wire called TE1 at terminal C15 at ECM. This green wire goes to the terminal 8 at the diagnostic socket (aka TE1) in the enginebay.

From the diagnostic socket there should be a brown wire going from the terminal 3 (aka E1) going to the grounding 123 at the right side of the firewall. There might be some junctions on the way from the diagnosbox to the grounding.

I looked at the wiring diagram for the 97 Paseo M/T at my MODS cd. I hope this would help you to find out what is the problem. To me it sounds like the ECM doesn't get the right signals and you can't get the faultcode beacuse your MIL has no connection from thte Battery to the ground. It loose thte connection somewhere on the way. When you get the MIL to work you might get a fault code to start to search what is wrong.

Just a quick question is the ECU for the right type of transmission? Sometimes they have different ECU's for M/T and A/T.

:lol::lol: Thanks a lot mate, yes it is a manual transmission, UK spec Paseo :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links