Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Recall

Exmeg2

fortunately for me it only tended to happen when I was in slow moving traffic, and as long as I left enough room between me and the vehicle in front, I managed to avert small prangs.

How many times did this happen and if more than once why wait for a recall to get it fixed.

DD

Remember, Toyota had lots of cars to fix, and I was told that mine could not be repaired any sooner.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick D4D

• Parts-King

• Exmeg2

• uk_driver

Ifortunately for me it only tended to happen when I was in slow moving traffic, and as long as I left enough room between me and the vehicle in front, I managed to avert small prangs. But what about those poor people where it happened at high speed? The very thought is really scary. I believe that Toyota should have taken the issue far more seriously, and compensated owners far more realistically, reflecting the true seriousness of the fault.

I believe that You should have taken the issue far more seriously, you kept driving your car even through you knew you had this problem :eek: I don't believe what I am hearing here and I do know if I had contacted my local dealer and mention this the car would have been in for the repair the next day.Then you question a £20 voucher (or especially a box of chocolates!), demonstrated that Toyota has seriously underestimated the possible consequences of such a fault but the truth is you were in fact worse as you knew your car had this problem. What if you had killed someones kid would you have blamed Toyota even through you knew you had a serious problem and decided to leave a bigger gap to make this ok?

The fact is who is the most guilty here? Toyota did not knowingly sell millions or one car with this fault, but you decided it was ok to knowingly drive your car with this serious fault.

You are absolutely right Rick, and may I reassure you that I took the issue very seriously. My car was off the road for some weeks because Toyota dealers did not have the necessary part(s) in stock. I'm sure you can see how this added to my frustration, when I was unable to drive my car, was not offered a courtesy car, and when the whole sorry affair was over, all I was offered was a £20 voucher!! You must surely understand how paltry this appears!!??

It has now been 4 weeks since I had the recall done, and I'm happy to say that I think it has sorted the problem - it hasn't reoccurred since!