Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Access To Fuse Box Behind Glove Box

Deckard

Hi

I have managed to blow the fuse on the cigarette lighter in my T180, reading the manual it suggests the fuse box is located behind the glove box.

I have tried to remove the glove box, but can't work out how. Can anyone tell me how?

Thanks

Rob

Hi

I have managed to blow the fuse on the cigarette lighter in my T180, reading the manual it suggests the fuse box is located behind the glove box.

I have tried to remove the glove box, but can't work out how. Can anyone tell me how?

Thanks

Rob

I dont know if you sorted this yet, but you need to try and squeeze the sides of the glovebox inwards and then pull it forward/down. You can then also release the hinge at the bottom.

HI deckard and welcome;

On my Avensis you need to unscrew a little absorber that allows the glove box to open slowly (T-spirit perk :)), and then squeeze the sides, and at the same time pull the top end towards you. you should then be able to see the fusebox. You might also want to check the pollen filter for blockages and remove any samll debris.

rick

• 4 weeks later...
HI deckard and welcome;

On my Avensis you need to unscrew a little absorber that allows the glove box to open slowly (T-spirit perk :)), and then squeeze the sides, and at the same time pull the top end towards you. you should then be able to see the fusebox. You might also want to check the pollen filter for blockages and remove any samll debris.

rick

Great advice- worked a treat for me so thanks!

There are 3 fuse boxes in the engine bay (one is reached by removing the cover across the front of the engine but the other two are easily accessible in the bay) and this one behind the glove box.

Be aware that these contain smaller blade fuses than normal, so if you have regular size spares (which I did, just in case) they will not fit!

Just off to buy some smaller ones but the hard bit was locating the fuse box in the first place.

When you've done this once it's easy and you'll never forget how to get to them- definitely not worth paying a garage to do.

My pollen filter (easily removed in the same compartment by just releasing two cover clips) was full of seeds, leaves and rubbish, probably 6 years worth, but easy to shake out and replace.

Thanks again for the good advice- this forum has saved me loads of time and money over the years. Keep it up dudes!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links