Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recall!

platinumpeebo

Heard that Mr T was recalling in this country so rang the dealer apparently its todo with the carpet creeping forward if its not sat on the lug properly. But i dont know that seems abit trivial for a recall.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miss_d_bus

• Jan van de Wouw

• Toyota PR

• zakelwe

I don't think it's the carpet... and it's interesting to see that the 107 and C1 haven't been recalled considering they use the same parts?! I haven't had any problems with my Aygo, it'll be interesting to see how quickly Toyota send letters out to customers, confirming what's wrong and exactly what they're going to do...

I trust C1s and 107s will also be recalled. No mention of this on any report I've seen.

This is going to cost Toyota a HUGE amount of money and damage to it's reputation. It looks like standards have slipped with regard to their suppliers. Perhaps the bean counters are running the company, who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing...

This is going to cost Toyota a HUGE amount of money and damage to it's reputation. It looks like standards have slipped with regard to their suppliers. Perhaps the bean counters are running the company, who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing...

Yes it will cost a huge amount of money but, im sure Toyota can afford it. I dont see how it will damage its reputation by recalling customers cars to make them safer :rolleyes: .

If they just ignored the problem and more people are killed then this would certainly be damaging to them!

Im sure the recall is only affecting the electronic accelerator pedal models too.

Mart.

Is there any way to tell when a car was actually built? If a car is registered in January for example, presumably it could have been built months ago?

There are some sites which tell you how to decode your VIN number.

The last Celicas they sold were made 3 years previous ;) You could see that when they were delivered - required brake work and brake fluid changes.

Mart.

I spotted this problem with my clutch pedal last week, pushed in the clutch and it stayed there, was a littl worrying when it happened.

Is there any way to tell when a car was actually built? If a car is registered in January for example, presumably it could have been built months ago?

Correct, registration date always follows build date but there is no way to determine by how long from the registration..

Now we have identified the parts concerned we can establish when they were supplied to the factories - hence date range released on Friday- and the next step is to track back those part numbers to vehicle VIN numbers. Once we have that we can ask the DVLA to give us the name and address of the present owner/keeper. That's when we will issue the letters. Previous experience suggests that could be a few weeks, but obviously it will be as fast as possible.

I stress again, we have had very few reported cases of even a stiff pedal, fewer still of a sticking one and none of those cases resulted in an accident as far as we know. If you have concerns please call the helpline - 0800 1388744.

I have only had a chance to skim the full thread here, but many of the comments seem to be linked to cars with MMT transmission. MMT transmission cars will have a drive-by-wire accelerator pedal, but not all the pedals are the same, therefore not all MMT cars will necessarily be part of the recall. Until we have the exact correlation between parts and VIN numbers we can’t be certain about any individual car or model.

We do understand this uncertainty is causing anxiety and we are sorry about that. I can assure you the company is working around the clock to solve the issue.

Hi,

I was informed of this by a friend this morning and it has made me worry!

My aygo was registered in '08 with an '09 plate. Funnily enough, when I had had my aygo for about a month I did experience 'sticking' of the accelerator pedal but put it down to me not being fully used to the car or maybe it being my foot (this is my first car). I told my partner who shrugged it off as me being a worrier and thought nothing more of it. Hearing this has scared me a bit but I have not experienced the 'sticking' since then.

It actually stuck as it was being depressed for a second, then as it was depressed further it was ok! Felt like it had got stuck in sort of a rut on the way down!

Guess I will wait and see if I hear anything, have got my first service next week anyway

Thanks.

Em.

I just read an article in Japanese posted on Yomiuri News (if anyone else can read this: http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/atmoney/news/2010...OYT1T00837.htm) claiming that Toyota had known about this problem since as early as spring 2007...

I had this exact sticky pedal problem in Oct / Nov last year but I sprayed some WD-40 on the assembly and the problem seems to have gone for now. Do you think what I've done will affect repair / recall? I'm worried Toyota will use their usual trick that if they "can't see the problem" then they "can't fix it" ...

I bought my Aygo brand new in 2006 and in this four years I had two water pumps, squeaky seat problem (never got fixed), latch on the hatch that doesn't close, and now this. Also not forgetting the numerous trips back to the dealer/repairer because they didn't do the job properly in the first place.

Anyone else think Toyota aren't what they once used to be? I might just was well have bought a Mini if I new I was going to have this much hassle, although their automatics aren't as cheap and as economical as the Aygo.

Ben

Went to my Local Toyota dealer this morning and was told that There is no recall going on in the UK as there have been no problems and Toyota will contact me directly if there is one.

I bought my Toyota second hand from a Toyota dealer, will they hold a record of me buying it or is it just crap from the dealer? I have also moved since buying it!

Im concerned I have been fobbed off by the dealer!!!

Just to add have just rung Toyota UK and have been told there IS a recall going on, so the DEALER IS A LIAR!!!!!!!!

MODS can we name and shame!!! this isnt a leaking window or a broken cd player this is a major safety problem!!!

I trust C1s and 107s will also be recalled. No mention of this on any report I've seen.

I would call Peugeot and if you give them your reg they can tell you. I think PSA are in the same boat as Toyota and are updating the recall list as and when they find out. This is what the guy at Peugeot customer services tells me anyway.

Went to my Local Toyota dealer this morning and was told that There is no recall going on in the UK as there have been no problems and Toyota will contact me directly if there is one.

I bought my Toyota second hand from a Toyota dealer, will they hold a record of me buying it or is it just crap from the dealer? I have also moved since buying it!

Just to add have just rung Toyota UK and have been told there IS a recall going on, so the DEALER IS A LIAR!!!!!!!!

MODS can we name and shame!!! this isnt a leaking window or a broken cd player this is a major safety problem!!!

To be honest I do not think your dealer is a liar as such just mis-informed and/or ignorant. I agree this is one area where the dealer should have the facts straight but until Toyota do not identify which cars affected, the dealer could do very little at this stage anyway. :(

I think it's more than likely that until dealers are fully informed by Toyota GB then they may be under the impression that there isn't a recall rather than telling lies

I bought my Toyota second hand from a Toyota dealer, will they hold a record of me buying it or is it just crap from the dealer? I have also moved since buying it!Im concerned I have been fobbed off by the dealer!!!

Toyota will get your current address from DVLA if your vehicle is the subject of a recall. (Providing that you have notified DVLA of your change of address)

Your dealer is correct in stating that you will be contacted by Toyota directly.

Do not blame your dealer for this as Toyota have only just announced the problem and full details of a fix are still to be determined....................Your dealer is about in the same position as yourself when it comes to the answers!

Nameing and shameing would serve no real purpose on this forum :rolleyes:

Whilst I agree with most of what is being said, After getting home and checking the Toyota GB website, On there is a list of models and ages that are being recalled in the UK!!

Its the principal of the conversation I had. There have been no problems in the UK as far as Toyota knows??? thats a out and out lie. The Dealers should know about it if its already on the Toyota website!

Am mad because my wife uses the car to drive my son to school everyday.

Am wondering how many other people have been in there and had the same answer from him and have accepted that rather than do more digging.

Anyway the Aygo is now grounded until further notice

The problem is intermitent and its not something to worry unduly about as in the long thread "car seems to accelerate by itself" I have outlined what I experienced and how I fixed it through pulling the pedal up by my foot.

Anyone who has followed my thread about my dangerous Aygo MMT will know I am living proof of someone who has had this fault on my car over four months ago and I am not alone. As for no reported accidents, thats only luck that I wasn't injured or killed because I eventually figured out for myself how to unjam the pedal whilst driving. It certainly took ages for the dealer to find this fault as there were no records on the system of it occuring previously within the UK. We thought it was the mats and then my amateur radio equipment whilst I was still put in danger. I do not blame them - they were in the dark as much as I was. If, in fact someone within Toyota knew about this fault as long ago as Spring 2007 and withheld the informaton from the dealers, I might consider legal action as I feel my life was put at undue risk.

Now I have to find out if the replacement part if now faulty too :angry: l!

I'm not too worried.

Things like this happen all the time and just because they've announced the problem it doesn’t mean that all the 1.8 million pedals are suddenly going to stick!

it’s a precaution.

& anyway, if it’s a manual aygo, you can simply push the clutch down to disengage the drive... no brainer.

Well the french have called in there recall too which must put Toyota in a bad spot. But hey whats uncontrolable pedals got todo with it with it when your honda can catch fire right? But to make it better i found this quote "We understand that the current situation is creating concerns and we deeply regret it," said Tadashi Arashima, the chief executive of Toyota Motor Europe.

Yes it was indeed concerning when my car zoomed up a hill and went too fast down a slip road joining the A2 in the middle of roadworks without me touching the accelerator pedal.

Obviously I used the brake to keep the car from hitting things but no one is mentally prepared for that to happen and I am not able to use my clutch, being an MMT model.

On the upside, I wasn't physically hurt and my car didn't turn into a huge fireball, like one sees in the movies !

I realize that its not too much of a problem, but I still dont want my wife and child to travel in a car that has a potential problem.