Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recall!

platinumpeebo

Thanks Jan. Useful to know if my car plays up again !! Although if it does, I might consider playing the lottery, given the supposed rarity of the fault.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miss_d_bus

• Jan van de Wouw

• Toyota PR

• zakelwe

Just a note, when the Yaris got recalled a few years back for a rear brake issue the owners were given a free bottle of champagne for the hassle .. will be interesting if same is done this time?!

:)

Andy

Thanks Jan. Useful to know if my car plays up again !! Although if it does, I might consider playing the lottery, given the supposed rarity of the fault.

I don't think it is rare, on your original thread there are about 5 other uses with similar, one who found your thread via google.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/fe...yota-reputation

Send me a private mail with your autograph Catherine,28, ! :D You're famous now, Max Clifford should be handling your affairs fron now on, if he's not too busy with Vanessa Perroncel.

This is not good

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6847110.html

Andy

I'm famous lol! I wish my 15mins were under better circumstances :P

I don't drink so I'd wouldn't want a bottle of wine. I'd like a tank of petrol for the hassle of driving to the dealers regularly and a costs paid for the use of a recovery vehicle when the car was revving insanely in neutral and at a standstill. I refused to drive it to the garage.

Its supposedly a rare problem but who knows?!

Just a note, when the Yaris got recalled a few years back for a rear brake issue the owners were given a free bottle of champagne for the hassle .. will be interesting if same is done this time?!

:)

Andy

Same with the Lexus recalls on the RX300 (facelift); IIRC then it was a case of a half tank of fuel + bottle of bubbly.

I don't drink and I hope Toyota take that into consdieration ;)

^ Yep, I've just looked on the official Toyota recall website and it says:

'Models not affected', giving a list of cars that aren't affected - this includes 'AYGO Manual', with Toyota stating that it is *New Information*. Phew.

Here's the link:

http://www.toyota.co.uk/recall/

^ Yep, I've just looked on the official Toyota recall website and it says:

'Models not affected', giving a list of cars that aren't affected - this includes 'AYGO Manual', with Toyota stating that it is *New Information*. Phew.

Here's the link:

http://www.toyota.co.uk/recall/

Fits with what was originally thought of before the recall started but great to get this confirmed.

A lot of customers must be happy to hear that :)

Massive worry over hurray i knew my Aygo wouldn't try and kill me good job to i am off on a motorway journey this weekend :)

Massive worry over hurray i knew my Aygo wouldn't try and kill me good job to i am off on a motorway journey this weekend :)

One customer down.... tick!

I'll still drive my car even if it does have murder in its eyes.

I know what to do now if the pedal does stick, i.e. you lift it up after you use it! I am prepared now that I've got through the panic/terrified stage :P

*UPDATE*

The recall website will now offer a chassis number lookup facility over this weekend so you can check if your car is affected. This WAS due to be from today but has been put back to 6th and 7th Feb

Kingo :thumbsup:

Are there no Aygo's with VSC/ESP in the UK then?

In the Netherlands a car with manual box with VSC still may fall under the recall...