Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New 2010 Yaris

yaris30

Hi

Havent been on in a while but got my car changed recently and wanted to show you my new baby :)

Very nice indeed.

16 inch Toyota Motorsport alloys and a rear spoiler - just like the short-lived 2008 SR in te UK. They set the car off very nicely indeed. The wheels alone are a 1000Euro (£900) option if you want to buy them as an extra and that doesn't include the new tyres you would need to replace the standard 15" ones...

good xhoice, you'll enjoy it!

did they change the gear shift lever or is it just a bad light reflection? I can see you have the nice mats. And the throttle jam case does not include your model.

well I changed the shift lever.Still have the original though.Its a yaris luna grade just one step down from top grade sol.

pic of it in the sun included :P

new_yaris_3.bmp

Having looked on the Toyota Ireland web site, I assume you've upgraded the wheels and added the rear spoiler, as it doesn't look like the Luna has them as standard.....

Did you go for any other extras?

Having looked on the Toyota Ireland web site, I assume you've upgraded the wheels and added the rear spoiler, as it doesn't look like the Luna has them as standard.....

Did you go for any other extras?

Yep..I got front fogs as extras.I also got air con on the Luna which is a new thing right now which wasnt extra..:)

Excellent - good choices. Sets it off very well.

That looks very high, like it needs lowering quite a bit. I saw a new Yaris a few weeks back on the M6 and it was lowered with a good stance, also fitted with what looked like 18's.

Now i'm not a fan of the new model at all but this one looked good. B)

not on our bad roads with 18s nooo..had my last one lowered and it knocked the crap outta me..ruins the suspension..you should try out our roads and see yourself sometime :)

Yeah, i know what you mean on that one. I once had a lowered Golf with some RS4 17's fitted. It looked great alright but the ride suffered badly.

Your car looks nice in that colour though but 17's would really set it off! :lol: :P

I thnk the visual difference between 16" and 17" wheels will be marginal, but Raeman's right that the shape of the gaps around the wheels looks so much better with lowered suspension.

Our SR came with 40mm lower suspension as standard and I couldn't believe the differnce in looks when we borrowed a courtesy car with standard suspension.

I'd give it some thought for your next project as the 16" wheels and the 40mm lowered suspension is a reasonable comproimise that still rides well over our potholed lanacshire rural roads.

Its still better than my Audi A3 S-line and its a whole lot better than my previous Alfa 156.

I can still drive the Yaris quite happily at speeds that would have the Alfa grounding and crashing into potholes on a particularly bad country lane I use near Blackpool.

I'll take some piccies of my "lowered" Yaris with the same wheels as yours so that you can compare sometime....

I would buy the Toyota lowering springs if it was my car Yaris30. :)

I'm not saying you car looks bad, but as alfiejts says, the difference is amazing when coupled with those nice 16" wheels and his Yaris looks great.

Also, now you know the ride will still be ok with the 40mm drop.

So you now you have the nice wheels and rear spoiler, why not treat it to some new springs? :D ;)

if the funds allow maybe..lol....some dumbass put a small scratch on the roof over the drivers door..know it wasnt me ..t-cut and colour restorer tmoro..properlyy annoyedd... :mad2:

Oh dear! :(

That's the trouble with a shiny new car....some unsavoury types will allways want to scratch it. Jelousy probably.

I got some T-Cut scratch remover from Halfords for mine and it works great on small scratches and blemishes. Think it's basically just a mild cutting compund but for a few £'s it does a decent job.

used t-cut original and t-cut color restorer and some wax and now you would not notice at all.Im getting the springs on friday and toyota are fitting them on tuesday.Will post pics up when I get it done

Well I got Horace lowered today and he looks well.. :lol:

Still looks a tad high, were those photos taken straight after them being fitted? I imagine it will settle a bit over the coming days...

Well I got Horace lowered today and he looks well.. :lol:

Still looks a tad high, were those photos taken straight after them being fitted? I imagine it will settle a bit over the coming days...

Yeah youre right.I just took them after the job was done.Ill take a few in a few days time to see if theres a difference.

I've got a couple of not nice looking scratches on my Yaris. One on the bumper near the drivers side and another on the boot lid. Had a look online and http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Quixx_S...ver_.html#a3833 seems to be quite good. Someone else recommends http://www.farecla.com/#/101

What do you guys think and what would you recommend I use to get rid of them?

I wish my Yaris looked as cool! I would take some pictures of her but she's an X reg with a few dings, chips, marks and no modifications so your normal looking Yaris really. Then again, thats how I like it. For the Mrk. 1 model anyway.

http://www.farecla.com/#/101

This is the one to go for.

But use it lightly. If you rub too hard you can go through the paint surface.

You can buy this in a tube, just a little larger than toothpaste size. Will keep for years.

Try to use it in a line, not circular motion as that can cause scratching.

R

It's basically a mild cutting compound. You can get the T-Cut scratch remover from places like halfrauds now, prolly even cheaper on e-bay.

Remember to wax over the area after though as the stuff will take off any wax protectant on the body.