Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Aquired A 2002 Avensis

jim_uk_2006

hi, i have just got a 2002 51 plate toyota avensis with 44000 on the clock, the car seems great, comfortable, roomy, big boot.

There is a few questions i would like to ask to and hopefully you guys might be able to help me :)

is the car supposed to have sat nav? if so where is it?

the heater fan inside the car ticks and is annoying. can this be fixed

when i press the clutch pedel in it creaks

the gaito on the gearstick is a bit worn, i have ordered a new one but is it easy to change?

thanks for your help jim

hi, i have just got a 2002 51 plate toyota avensis with 44000 on the clock, the car seems great, comfortable, roomy, big boot.

There is a few questions i would like to ask to and hopefully you guys might be able to help me :)

the gaito on the gearstick is a bit worn, i have ordered a new one but is it easy to change?

thanks for your help jim

the car is a toyota 1.8vvti gs

Good luck with your new car.Thats very small mileage for 2002.I dont know about the sat nav but i doubt there should be one in it.

With regard to the ticking fan there may be a leaf etc stuck in the heater blower motor.If you remove the passenger side lower fascia you can lower the blower motor.There are three screws holding it.

The are numerous posts in Avensis forum dealing with creaking clutches.

I presume you mean the fabric trim at the bottom of the gear stick?Just remove the knob off the stick and press down the trim at the edges to release it from the plastic clips and pull it out up along the gearstick.

Good luck with your new car.Thats very small mileage for 2002.I dont know about the sat nav but i doubt there should be one in it.

With regard to the ticking fan there may be a leaf etc stuck in the heater blower motor.If you remove the passenger side lower fascia you can lower the blower motor.There are three screws holding it.

The are numerous posts in Avensis forum dealing with creaking clutches.

I presume you mean the fabric trim at the bottom of the gear stick?Just remove the knob off the stick and press down the trim at the edges to release it from the plastic clips and pull it out up along the gearstick.

thanks for that, i'm sure they had sat nav as standard, the radio has re-route and stuff like that on it!! do i need to put a disk in the cd player or should it have a box in the boot? may this have been removed?

I have a 2002 Avensis and reroute is on the radio but there is not nor never was a sat nav in it.You have to put in a cd there is no box in the boot

Hi Jim and happy driving!! :)

If I remember correctly, if you have a sat /nav there should be a black box, similar to a 6 cd-changer underneath the passenger seat.

There is no point in someone removing this as it will only work with certain radios ( if I am wrong sorry)

I would say the same as Highlight concerning the noisy fan.

The creaking you are getting from the clutch sounds like what I had and toyota did it under warranty. it was a master cylinder change.

Hi Jim and happy driving!! :)

If I remember correctly, if you have a sat /nav there should be a black box, similar to a 6 cd-changer underneath the passenger seat.

There is no point in someone removing this as it will only work with certain radios ( if I am wrong sorry)

I would say the same as Highlight concerning the noisy fan.

The creaking you are getting from the clutch sounds like what I had and toyota did it under warranty. it was a master cylinder change.

would mine still be under warranty?

i will have a look under the passenger seat,

also if it has this reroute thingy, how do you use it? where do i get a cd from? what is it

i have noticed the buttons on the stereo but have no idea what it is

thanks

I have looked up the owners manual and it tells you what every button on radio/cd is for except "GUIDANCE" and "REROUTE".Nothing happens when I press mine .Im sure someone will enlighten us as to their function.I think I misunterstood your question re cd.

Hi,

Forget about the sat nav. It is not very good. If you got it going, it would be 8 years out of date. To update it to the current version would cost you about £130 for the latest dvd.

It would be located in the boot on the passenger side on the side panel just beside the light cluster & would look like a cd changer in a fabric cover.

On your car it would be the TNS 200 system.

Buy a TomTom instead & a Brodit car clip Holder for it, which will seat on the left of the volume control & works really well & can be fitted in 10minutes. It is more accurate & is a lot cheaper to update by about £100.

YOu can pick up a recon TomTom with 1year warranty for between £60 & £110 from total PDA & the Brodit systems from DSL Developments from £20 to £60

IF you want to see the Brodit clip system go to DSL's site & do a search for avensis & look at the 5th item (you can select the position of the clip from the bottom of the console in the image to the top) . then do a search for a specific tomtom model & you will see what the options are

Marv

I have looked up the owners manual and it tells you what every button on radio/cd is for except "GUIDANCE" and "REROUTE".Nothing happens when I press mine .Im sure someone will enlighten us as to their function.I think I misunterstood your question re cd.

yeah i have the same problem. i dont think i have a box in the boot either. i will have a look tomorrow. seems a strange sat nav, where would the screen be ?

The screen is the one used for the radio, cd etc.

It is a basic system that shows arrows for direction & the road you need to use. These were the standard type 8 years ago. As I said it is not very good, by todays standards.

Marv

The screen is the one used for the radio, cd etc.

It is a basic system that shows arrows for direction & the road you need to use. These were the standard type 8 years ago. As I said it is not very good, by todays standards.

Marv

Hi there i have a 51 plate 2002 model gls with the satnav ive taken mine out to upgrade my stereo with a bluetooth model as marv said its very basic and not worth the bother, i have just downloaded tomtom for my iPhone, get yourself a tomtom and enjoy your new car

thanks for your help jim

I forgot to say keep an eye on your oil this engine uses it up check it often

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links