Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Change Your Heater Module To Glow Blue

Jimmy Grimble

blew a fuse and spent an hour trying to figure out which one then realised there where fuses on both sides of the stearing wheel lol woops blew the bulbs so am going to have to buy some more grrrrr

Bit of a warning on changing those bulbs: if they have wires on all four places of contact, the fuse will keep blowing.

These push-fit fittings are of a very awkward design which I've never seen before and causes shorts with the wrong bulbs.

Normally there's two clips that hold in the little bulb, one on either

side of the bulb, each clip holding one edge of the wedge with contact.

On our cars there are four halves; two on each flat side of the wedge. The

halves on either side are connected, so if a contact wraps the wedge it shorts.

Hope this clears it up a bit, else I'll try to draw a diagram tomorrow...

Jan,

As always you're a fountain of knowledge the reason i blew a fuse is cos one of the bulbs was broken and i was messing around with the contacts (made it spark) and the fuse did what it was supposed to do, on the up side i now know how to get the steering wheel cover off to fit an tacho :-) once again thanks for your help

very true hatter, my bulbs turned up today so i am going to change the bulbs (again) i have also changed the interior light to a blue led, i had 4 normal led bulbs turn up today so im going to do the side lights and numberplate bulbs tomoz too

very true hatter, my bulbs turned up today so i am going to change the bulbs (again) i have also changed the interior light to a blue led, i had 4 normal led bulbs turn up today so im going to do the side lights and numberplate bulbs tomoz too

When you say "normal" i presume you mean white?

I have considered putting whiter/brighter bulbs in my number plate lighting, but haven't really seriously considered the side lights/main beams as I find they are ok as they are.

yeah i do mean white :D im only fitting them beacause i like to play around with my cars lol fitted the heater module lights just now they are working nicely will put a piccy up when it gets dark have fun guys

Good stuff, going to have to take a few pictures of my baby tonight when it gets dark, well provided its a misty as it was last night, can get some good pictures with a light fog.

Hey mate, ive also changed my number plate lights to LED's, im still not sure whether i like them or not. But I would love to change my sidelights. I tried it about 6 months ago but because its so compact under the bonnet, I seriously couldn't fit my hands in! If you manage to do it, I may try again lol. Ill also upload a pic of my LED plate lights to see what you guys think

Hey mate, ive also changed my number plate lights to LED's, im still not sure whether i like them or not. But I would love to change my sidelights. I tried it about 6 months ago but because its so compact under the bonnet, I seriously couldn't fit my hands in! If you manage to do it, I may try again lol. Ill also upload a pic of my LED plate lights to see what you guys think

What colour have your done your plate?

Because after looking i believe only white/yellow is legal. So all you can do LED wise is put a really bright White LED in instead of the current bulbs.

What colour have your done your plate?

Because after looking i believe only white/yellow is legal. So all you can do LED wise is put a really bright White LED in instead of the current bulbs.

They are just white LED's, I got them off ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-T10-194-168-LED-...=item3efc451001

:)