Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bottom End

boabytsportin

hey

right my bottom end is away and after a DIY fix with new shells (unsuccessful) it has sat for 7 months..yeah 7 months!!!...so now defo going to have the bottom end reconditioned...any tips average prices tweeks etc?? perfect chance to maybe up the performance??

looked at a reconditioned engine said ''all new parts'' but how do i no tht it isnt just a quick jet was and bobs your uncle haha so would rather have that piece of mind

cheers

oh and keano keano keano!!! the son has landed :)

If you can afford it get a trd m sport piston kit in there, raise the compression! There is absolutly loads of bottom end parts form lightweight cranks to low compression stroker kits for turbo builds. Just depends on how deep you pockets are ;)

I agree 100% on the recon engines, it cost me £1100 just in parts to rebuild my head so how they are buying the engine/car, 'replacing all parts', reconditioning then turning a profit is beyond me. They quite clearly are second hand engines with nothing more than a rub down and maybe a rocker cover gasket replacement, then sold as recond.

Call me a cynic, but i'd rather buy a written off t-sport and take the engine from that.

As Daily87 said, get a whole new set of shells, pistons and pins etc, although it will all be very expensive, so make sure you have the time and pennies aside! Get it done properly, get the block scanned, a good idea after it gets ruined liked that :P , so you can see any cracks/warping that has occurred.

Raise the compression ratio with the new pistons and see what you can do about getting the ECU remapped/tuned to get the most money out of that kit.

It will set you back a lot of cash, which is why I think you should just go for a turbo if you are prepared to spend a lot of money on a stroker kit etc. :drool:

Keep us updated with what you decide to do. It would be interesting to see a monster build with a T-Sport. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
As Daily87 said, get a whole new set of shells, pistons and pins etc, although it will all be very expensive, so make sure you have the time and pennies aside! Get it done properly, get the block scanned, a good idea after it gets ruined liked that :P , so you can see any cracks/warping that has occurred.

Raise the compression ratio with the new pistons and see what you can do about getting the ECU remapped/tuned to get the most money out of that kit.

It will set you back a lot of cash, which is why I think you should just go for a turbo if you are prepared to spend a lot of money on a stroker kit etc. :drool:

Keep us updated with what you decide to do. It would be interesting to see a monster build with a T-Sport. ;)

yeah but do u no any rough prices for these?? basic rebuild all the way to a turbo/supercharger conversion :)...a no a guy who just got his type r (bad word on here lol) supercharged with a new full stanless system dyno'd 310 at the wheels!! now thats what i call power :D

yeah but do u no any rough prices for these?? basic rebuild all the way to a turbo/supercharger conversion :)...a no a guy who just got his type r (bad word on here lol) supercharged with a new full stanless system dyno'd 310 at the wheels!! now thats what i call power :D

:lol: Someone made a post about a stroker kit, do a search here and you should find it.

I couldn't tell you the prices, sorry.

Have a look on the U.S monkeywrenchracing.com site and convert the prices for a ball park figure.

Mick