Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gen 7 Custom Dash

dns17

Hi Guys!

I recently came a across a pic of this fantastic looking custom dash (attached below). I'm very tempted to change mine to something simliar but have no idea how! I've managed to find the dash backing on this website:

http://www.acautotechnic.com/product_info....products_id=320

From the pic attached below, both the LCD mileage/fuel screen and needles are also blue. How can I change my stock ones to match?

Has anyone had any experience changing dashboards (easy or not?) or used the site above? Thanks in advance.

Cel_Dash1.bmp

You need to change the SMT leds mounted behind the fuel/mileage display to change the LCD colour to which ever colour you fancy. I've done mine blue which seems to be a common choice but I've seen lots of different colours used before, white looks good imo. You do need basic soldering skills tbh but it's well within most peoples capabilities. Have a look HERE for a diy guide, it also shows which leds need to be swapped for the speedo & tach, these are orange as stock but need to be changed to white if you fit a custom gauge face (there's a group buy running for these on c-cuk incidently). I changed the speedo/tach ones to blue which look white at night through the oem orange gaugeface & a couple of red ones to light up the redline. The stock SMT (surface mount) leds are 3528's so just buy whatever colour you want from a led supplier or eBay, cheap as chips ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50PCS-3528-PLCC-2-SM...#ht_2256wt_1046

• Like 1

You need to change the SMT leds mounted behind the fuel/mileage display to change the LCD colour to which ever colour you fancy. I've done mine blue which seems to be a common choice but I've seen lots of different colours used before, white looks good imo. You do need basic soldering skills tbh but it's well within most peoples capabilities. Have a look HERE for a diy guide, it also shows which leds need to be swapped for the speedo & tach, these are orange as stock but need to be changed to white if you fit a custom gauge face (there's a group buy running for these on c-cuk incidently). I changed the speedo/tach ones to blue which look white at night through the oem orange gaugeface & a couple of red ones to light up the redline. The stock SMT (surface mount) leds are 3528's so just buy whatever colour you want from a led supplier or ebay, cheap as chips ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50PCS-3528-PLCC-2-SM...#ht_2256wt_1046

Cheers for the very well detailed info halek! Having a quick read through it seems relatively straight forward. Will give it a go when I get some time and post back on my progress! :thumbsup:

Changing you dash is a great mod. This is being made up for me at the moment to my own design.

382259453.jpg

• 2 months later...

You need to find someone who knows what they are doing. There is a Member of another well known Celica based forum who does custom Dash kits.

Do a search for Mook or Skewer.

Hope this helps a little, once you see the options you'll be spoilt for choice :lol:

Can these be had for the corolla t sport?

You need to find someone who knows what they are doing. There is a Member of another well known Celica based forum who does custom Dash kits.

Do a search for Mook or Skewer.

Hope this helps a little, once you see the options you'll be spoilt for choice :lol:

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

I also came across this on eBay which seems interesting: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01-02-03-04-05-Toyota-Celica-GTS-BLUE-INDIGLO-GAUGES_W0QQitemZ390182163542QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5ad8ab5456

Has anyone had these installed and knows about the pros and cons?

Cheers

Can these be had for the corolla t sport?

Get in touch with the guy who makes them. He's great to deal with.

If you have a problem finding him PM me because as you will see my previous post on another topic was censored by mods due to infringement of TOC rules.

Just do a search for Mook or Skewer on google - he is the guy who makes the dials and has his own domain name. He's also active on other UK Celica and GT4 clubs ;)