Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To ....... Install A Bluetooth Unit Or 3.5 Mm Aux Jack

rickers

Hi Guys;

One of the things i want to install on my 2005 2.0 petrol t-spirit is an interface for my Ipod. I currently use a cassette converter lead, but compared to the lovely sound from my CD it sounds rather 'flat'.

What i am looking for is one of the following;

1. a bluetooth interface

2. an aux jack so i can plug my 3.5 mm ipod jack into it.

As the car comes with sat-nav I realise from other posts here that these is an imput somewhere into the stereo. I am not worried about the satnav voice (i have turned it to zero anyway), so quite happy to unplug this and plug whetever unit into it that gives me the above.

any suggestions please. also how to get into the area required, as i have not got a clue. I assume you remove the glovebox, like as to replace the pollen filter, but this is just a guess.

cheers guys.

rick

edited for spelling

Hi Guys;

One of the things i want to install on my 2005 2.0 petrol t-spirit is an interface for my Ipod. I currently use a cassette converter lead, but compared to the lovely sound from my CD it sounds rather 'flat'.

1. a bluetooth interface

As the car comes with sat-nav I realise from other posts here that these is an imput somewhere into the stereo. I am not worried about the satnav voice (i have turned it to zero anyway), so quite happy to unplug this and plug whetever unit into it that gives me the above.

any suggestions please. also how to get into the area required, as i have not got a clue. I assume you remove the glovebox, like as to replace the pollen filter, but this is just a guess.

cheers guys.

rick

Rick,

I think the general concensus was that the easiest way to get what you need was to replace existing head unit with a new one that included bluetooth, aux in or both. You would just need to source a template to fit a single DIN into the hole. I got one of these that had bluetooth on it and it works great with my kids ipods through the aux in and my phone connects via bluetooth.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-STEREO-CD-MP3-WM...=item2c52eee808

edited for spelling

HI Ken;

Can't look at the website, at work, but i was actually lookingh for something that can plug into the input used currently by the sat nav. be it bluetooth or 3.5 mm jack i don't really care. I have seen some solutions but am not sure how they interface.

rick

You can get an adapter that connects to the CD changer input. For example this one allows connection of USB drives, SD cards and 3.5mm:

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product...tno=CTATYUSB002

You can get an adapter that connects to the CD changer input. For example this one allows connection of USB drives, SD cards and 3.5mm:

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product...tno=CTATYUSB002

I have, allbeit on an older Avensis (2001). I used a Connects2 box that went into the CD changer port as quoted by Andymcm above. However mine only has a stereo input rather than USB etc. That's all I needed for my Harman Kardon Drive and Play kit. The Connect2 box was about 30 quid.

It was either this one

or this one.

I noticed that they all want a CD changer input, I haven't got a CD changer, just a single CD sklot on the headunit (havent looked behind in yet) is there a seperate plug on the back of the unit for the CD changer input?

rick

I noticed that they all want a CD changer input, I haven't got a CD changer, just a single CD sklot on the headunit (havent looked behind in yet) is there a seperate plug on the back of the unit for the CD changer input?

rick

Mine is a single slot cd also (will take 6 discs) and plays mp3/wma files, so why don't you just transfer your ipod stuff on to discs. At around 10 albums per disc that's 60 albums ..... simples as the TV add meercat would say ;) .

Pete.

I only have a single CD player :( :(, despite having a T-spirit.

Does the 2.2D t-s have equipment over the 2.0P t-s? wouldn't think so. When did they change over to mp3 readability? I will have to check mine to see if a mp3 disk will work.

rick

I only have a single CD player :( :( , despite having a T-spirit.

Does the 2.2D t-s have equipment over the 2.0P t-s? wouldn't think so. When did they change over to mp3 readability? I will have to check mine to see if a mp3 disk will work.

rick

Hi Rick, I just thought yours would be the same as mine being a T-S and almost the same year, maybe it changed with the facelift model which mine is. It would be nice even if your one played MP3 files. I didn't do enough research on the spec when I got mine, I just assumed that the T-S was fully loaded ...... wrong! :crybaby:

Best of luck Rick with your quest, best regards Pete.

Pete;

I thought the T-S IS fully loaded. what do you reckon is missing?

rick

ps. I will try a MP3 disc tonite.

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys;

1. a bluetooth interface

cheers guys.

rick

edited for spelling

Have you sorted this yet?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links