Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Is The Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor?

Avensis2.0td

Hello, my 2000 w reg avensis 2c-te Engine starts really quickly when its cold but needs to be cranked over alot more before it will start when its hot. the engine does turn over so its not the starter or the ignition swich.

Ive narrowed this fault down to a possibble fault with the ECT sensor, which are usually located near the thermostat housing. but cant see anything there, getting hold of a manual for this engine is near impossible. does any1 know where the sensor is? my best idea is the 1 in the engine block just above the starter motor, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hello, my 2000 w reg avensis 2c-te Engine starts really quickly when its cold but needs to be cranked over alot more before it will start when its hot. the engine does turn over so its not the starter or the ignition swich.

Ive narrowed this fault down to a possibble fault with the ECT sensor, which are usually located near the thermostat housing. but cant see anything there, getting hold of a manual for this engine is near impossible. does any1 know where the sensor is? my best idea is the 1 in the engine block just above the starter motor, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

hi mate

as we all know the starter motor is positioned in the bottom of the engine but normally the hot coolant themperature is on the upper head side or even on the cooling pipe (pipe piece) -- just investigate all upper coolant pipes/cooling radiator, as well. As to another way -- check with this link ( www.toyodiy.com) -- this is in fact helps when inserted your car VIN ---- there all engine/parts views will be displayed + all parts are clearly marked + you can compare the spot of parts mountiing on the engine. Cheers/Igor

all them diagrams are gone, toyota have put a stop to it, thanks anyway

hi

send here a photo close to radiator + engiine upper side in order to point you.

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links