Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Im New Here, My First Post

thomas_1980

Right hi there,

im new, very new :blink:

Just signed up to this forum, is this the main forum that you toyota lovers use?

I have bought a Yaris 06 T2 with only 8k on the clock, pick it up on friday, just coverted to Toyota from an MG ZR+ 1.4, beautiful car, but full of problems, so unreliable kept on breaking costed me a fortune over £840 in repairs and it only had 47k on the clock, had it 2 years from 27k, was ok for 16 months then one thing after another, hated that car, hate rover, hate MG they are all cheap ***** motors, so i went for a toyota as i heard they are great for reliability, hope im not wrong. :ffs:

Now for the questions ;)

The T2 does not have a Aux connection or MP3 thing on the CD head unit, how can i use my ipod? do i have to change the facia and sterio? :angry:

And also i have read that the T2 only has 4 Speakers the ones up front, i did notice that behind the front seats when i was looking at the car there are speaker covers. Guess you know what im going to ask. can i wire up some Speakers easy and is there a wireing loom there to be done easy? :eek:

Hi,

you can get one of those FM transmitters for the iPod and listen to it through the radio, the Griffin iTrip is a good one I hear, or if you have a cassette player, get a cassette tape adaptor

The T2 is the entry level version so many of the luxuries that we get use to will be missing, saying that its still a well equipped car and will blow the socks off the Rover.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You'll find a very interesting cross section of people and experience on this forum. Lots of good banter as well.

The FM iPod idea from roses is certainly an option, but I think you can probably get a proper iPod integration adapter for your Yaris and that would be a much better option.

I've done a thread here about fitting an adapter to the 2008 SR. That's a different radio unit so its not suitable for yours, but the thread will explain how to dismantle the fascia to get at the radio.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...536&hl=ipod

There are a number of iPod adapters and the thing to do is to check the back of your radio to check what sort of spare socket it has and then to make sure the one you're buying has the same plug. They usually fit into the radio socket designed for a CD Changer..

There's a thread here too might have some useful info in it, but this might mainly relate to the old model not your new model...

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...865&hl=ipod

I've a feeling that this might be the kit you need, but it says "2004 on" and I'm not sure whether that is just for the last year of the old model or whether it fits the new head unit too. Its only 30 mins work to get the head unit out to check the back of it, so that's probably an idea for a nice sunny Saturday...

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/miad...1672?afid=88888

hi there guys

thanks for replying good to know ive joined a good forum, i was forever on the mgforum

becasue there was always somethinbg wrong with my car!!!

ok cool, ill have a look at the facia when i pick the car up on friday, ill have a look over the weekend. i know its not the cd/mp3, only the cd player on the T2, i just hope that the stereo has one of those cd changer ports, guess i wont know till its out, many thanks alfiejts for the links.

any ideas on the rear Speakers on a T2, i know they wont be there but is the loom/wiring there or will that have to be rerouted through

Welcome to the wonderfull world of Yaris Thomas! ;)

Don't worry about the reliability of your Yaris, after owning a Rover you will know all about UNreliability! :lol:

Great car the Yaris though, i'm sure you will enjoy it. In the meantime, have a good read on here and find out more about the car.

Good luck with the new car aswell. :thumbsup:

Welcome!

Enjoy your Yaris!

Disagree with everything said about Rover however, they did some very impressive engines. had a '99 Rover 200Vi 145bhp 1.8 meant 0 - 60 in 7.5, fantastic motor. Had it for 2 years, only ever problem was a seized caliper.

The big thing with Rover is they had to be maintained properly, or things could get costly. Same as all cars really...

I think the big difference is that the Japanese design & build their "components" to last.

We had our 2000 Yaris for eight years and over 60,000 miles.

The original Battery lasted seven years. Usually you're lucky to get three years out of a bettery....

It ws still on its original exhaust, original brake pads, etc.

Apart from normal servicing fuel & tyres, the only costs over the whole eight year period were one Battery and one light bulb. Sailed through its MOT every year without a single issue...

I think that's the difference you can expect.

Of course there will be exceptions, but overall you should be very happy.

Just one tip - when you get it, make sure the bonnet lock is oiled or greased under the bonnet.

There are just a few stories of these siezing if people have skimped on servicing.

"Lubricating the locks" is the sort of thing that's on the Toyota service schedule but if peole do DIY oil changes or go to "Kwik Fit" type services, its the sort of thing that's often overlooked....

The T2.... will blow the socks off the Rover.

Not in terms of speed or handling it won't! The Rover might have been unreliable but they're at least fun to drive. How anyone can go from a little 100bhp hatch to a 1 litre yaris is beyond me.

i again

right well i picked up my car today, so pleased with it, only 8k miles on the clock, mint condition, im amazed that going from a MG ZR 1.4 with 105bhp, to the 1.0 litre yaris, there really isnt much difference apart from the high reving engine of the k-series, im more amazed that the interior is although amazingly better, that nothing rattles, its all very solid no rattles or squeeks, its so much better.

Really pleased that i got a Toyota, the T2 1 litre is what i wanted to downsize to. Just hope that it doesnt cost me anything in repairs like the Rover did.

I hear that these Toyota engines dont suffer from head gasket failure (although any car can it the coolant leaks and the engine overheats) what are the main things to keep a look out for or their known problems?

Many thanks

Main problems?

bBuse and lack of servicing..

Paint chips on bonnet..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links