Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To: Add A Center Arm Rest And 'cubbyhole'

antecedo

The Aygo isn't exactly what you would call the safest of vehicles for stuff to be left in, not least because it has no golve box lid or any lidded place to store your stuff like satnav, sunglasses etc. (Check out my how to install a glove box lid topic)

So this topic is to show you how to install a center armrest. The armrest im using is called an "armster" and this particular model fits the AYGO:)

03022010046.jpg

The first thing to note is that you will loose your rear cupholder performing this mod, but since im the driver, and don't sit in the back... I find this an acceptable sacrifice ;)

You will instantly see where the armster fits, if you cant then check out the pictures below:

03022010048.jpg

03022010049.jpg

Take your time fitting the armrest, as it will be in whatever position you set it in forever, and how annoying would a squint armrest be? Use a felt tip pen and poke through the 4 screw holes, leaving marks on the plastic below: I found the best way to keep the armrest stable while doing this was to hold it at the back... like so:

03022010051.jpg

03022010052.jpg

After you have drawn your pretty little circles, you should have something like this:

03022010054.jpg

03022010055.jpg

Take your drill and a 3mm drill bit and drill straight into each mark.

03022010056.jpg

03022010057.jpg

align the holes and then screw in the armrest. After your done, it should look something like this:

03022010058.jpg

03022010064.jpg

03022010065.jpg

03022010063.jpg

You can hide little items in it and enjoy resting your arm on it. also it looks sweet!!!

Looks really simple, mind me asking for a link/price for the armrest.

Great post. But it would be more helpful if you would post prices, relevant part #s and where available as well :)

Looks really simple, mind me asking for a link/price for the armrest.

Sure, you can get them on eBay for £75, pricey I know, but you get free next day postage and packaging on quite a substantial box. I couldn't find them cheaper anywhere when I looked. but the end result is very nice. The one you need is at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

All the part info is in the first picture ;)

hope this helps :)

The ARMSTER range is German, I believe, and was once advertised as available thro' a UK dealer of some repute, i.e., "www.gbdriver.co.uk"

They also have a very cheap universal product, and sell a large range of products. I saw the AD. a few times in Autoexpress magazine last year, and looked on the site. Price was £79, but there is an even more plush, bulky, real leather covered unit made in Italy (~£85)

The Armster covering is simulated leather, and no-one has yet found a fabric-trimmed one. An AURIS owner was wanting one of these units, but the firm has not yet got around to that car yet.

If you can read German, the manufacturer's website is easily found :-- perhaps a group of AURIS owners could ask the firm to do a batch run for them, after-all, that is what owners of Classic Cars do to keep cherished cars on the roads -- bespoke parts, no less, remanufactured using original tooling, and extra stock held by the club.

The ARMSTER range is German, I believe, and was once advertised as available thro' a UK dealer of some repute, i.e., "www.gbdriver.co.uk"

They also have a very cheap universal product, and sell a large range of products. I saw the AD. a few times in Autoexpress magazine last year, and looked on the site. Price was £79, but there is an even more plush, bulky, real leather covered unit made in Italy (~£85)

The Armster covering is simulated leather, and no-one has yet found a fabric-trimmed one. An AURIS owner was wanting one of these units, but the firm has not yet got around to that car yet.

If you can read German, the manufacturer's website is easily found :-- perhaps a group of AURIS owners could ask the firm to do a batch run for them, after-all, that is what owners of Classic Cars do to keep cherished cars on the roads -- bespoke parts, no less, remanufactured using original tooling, and extra stock held by the club.

Very nice post, shame about the pricey cost for what is a fairly simple modification.

Definitely one i will be considering the in the near future though.

Another great guide by the new to forum Mr antecedo

I bought mine from eBay Germany, it was different model but very similar and custom made for Aygo. Price was 49 euros + shipping so good deals can be found!

Very easy to install and excellent accessory. Can hide some stuff and looks good, too.

• 3 years later...

I cannot view the pictures with in the original post. Are the links broken?