Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Gauge - Any Known Problems?

kenl

Hi,

In my wife's Aygo (56 plate SPORT) the petrol gauge has stopped working completely, it shows FULL all the time.

Is this a known issue?

If anyone else has had this problem, any idea what it took to fix it? How much it would cost? The car is out of warranty.

Thanks,

Ken.

TBH I've not come across this issue before. Just spit-balling here...would a total reset of the car help: disconnect the Battery over night and see if that helps?

Only reason I suggest this is because the display is digital...jsut wondering a capacitor somewhere is holding charge etc. and thereby displaying erroneous information?

TBH I've not come across this issue before. Just spit-balling here...would a total reset of the car help: disconnect the battery over night and see if that helps?

Only reason I suggest this is because the display is digital...jsut wondering a capacitor somewhere is holding charge etc. and thereby displaying erroneous information?

I would agree, try this, but if that doesn't work it might have to be a garage job as i have never come across this before.

Or maybe Toyota has inadvertently created a car that runs on air! Now that would be awesome :) but probably a garage job, just to be safe of course ;)

Or maybe Toyota has inadvertently created a car that runs on air! Now that would be awesome :) but probably a garage job, just to be safe of course ;)

and drives along without the need of the driver to press the accelerator (couldn't resist!).

My first guess would be that the float in the tank has gotten stuck...

If that's the case it might be quite a pain to free it up, you might

need to drop the tank :(

Thanks for the replies.

Strangely, the fuel gauge has started working again.

I wonder if the float was stuck or something!

Sounds like it may have gotten stuck and driving over a bump or something has dislodged it.

Might be worth getting it looked at if it happens again? Could be a dodgy float.