Do Not Sell My Personal Information

18" Wheels With 8" Width And 40mm Offset

supra25

Hey,

Got 4 spankin' new OZ Chrono HT wheels lined up at a really good price, but I'm a bit worried about the offset. The wheels are 18" big, 8" wide and have an offset of 40mm. I fear that it will bring the edges of the wheels too far out and that a 30mm offset or 7" width would be more suitable.

Unfortuntely I won't know unless I spend the money and try them on the car, at which point it is too late and just a lot of hassle for nothing.

So...have anybody tried this combo on a Corolla??

Let me go check what ET my 18's were...

Checked.. and.. they were ET40.. but only 18x7... I never knew that! lol.

I think my current 18"'s are that as well...either 7 or 7.5" wide with 40 offset, but I'm abroad for work and can't check. So if they are 7" with 40mm offset and currently almost flush with the wing, then 8" and 40mm is just too much.

Got a good pic lying around on how far your 7"/40mm stick out?

They were pretty flush. I think 8" may be just too wide on a 40 offset.

No pics laying around sorry!

Odd, Do you not fancy having the arches 'pulled'? I think a CTS could look rather aggressive with a slightly wider pair of shoulders on her ;) then you can definitely tuck the extra rubber away under the arches.

Yeah...that looks about the same as my winter wheels. There is a 13mm difference from a 7"/40mm to 8"/40mm and I don't think that will look very nice or be very practical....

:( bummer...cuz the price was really good.

as ricc said, a subtle pull and roll of the arches with a slightly stretched tyre should fit them easily! esp if the car isnt lowered too much!

Odd, Do you not fancy having the arches 'pulled'? I think a CTS could look rather aggressive with a slightly wider pair of shoulders on her ;) then you can definitely tuck the extra rubber away under the arches.

Dude....don't be putting ideas in my head... :blink: They would have to come out just shy of an inch and that's quite a bit.

I got enough projects to finish before summer as is :thumbsup:

Lol if my memory serves me right, Odd was on TTE's then coilovers?!

anyway, I once photoshopped a CTS-C image and gave the arces a 'pull'. Take a look. They werent pulled massively.

comp-2.jpg

*I have a Race spec version of that too without hte watermark ;)*

Yes, I do have the TTE coilovers...still sitting in the trunk of my car! :D

Plan is to drop it around the 30-35mm mark as I don't wanna loose all ride comfort.

Hmm...damn...got something to think about now. Gotta make up my mind by lunch tomorrow. Don't know anybody with the gear to roll the arches, so I would have to have it done somewhere and I have no idea on the cost. Guess I need to make some phone calls tomorrow..

i 'think' you woul;d be the first to roll the E12 arches on a CTS-c (I use hte little 'c' because you cheated and fitted your own :P)

come on, match the looks to the power! :D

Edit:- Thanks. thats quite an old chop and like to think I have improved alot since then.

*lol*...funny...cheated my @ss ;) What do you mean match the looks...haven't you seen my new hood ?! Besides...there is more stuff going on as far as looks are concerned before we hit summer :D

Actually...I just thought of a potential hinder in this rolling thing. The front bumper goes quite a bit up on the arch, as does the rear bumper. rolling the arches might cause alignment issues as well as a funny looking result. I'm afraid the look just wouldn't turn out consistent.

yeah...the PS images look great. Those were actually the reason why I started looking at the Rota wheels at one point.

Ahh..... yes the bumper, i knew you'd say that.....imagine a mk4 golf. i think its mk4 anyway....the last boxy one.... that has similar arch shape to the rolla.....and similar bumper placement. a very good friend, had her arches pulled ever so slightly and it looks perfect. i will hunt for a pic.

as for the PS, yeah i want the rotas! haha :D i also ban myself from photoshopping my own car, because it would just end up in money being spent. ;)

EDIT:- Its the MK3 not 4 for the golf :)

Quick update.

I bought the wheels. Having them picked up tomorrow. It turned out that the add was wrong, and they are in fact 7" width with ET42. So it's perfect. Got them for the equivalent of £520 including adapters. That's a great price over here as they are NIB.