Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Fob Stopped Working

Ricki01

The key fob for my Avensis 1.8VVTI GS has suddenly stopped working, I have changed the Battery, even though the red light still flashed when depressed, I have read the handbook on the key section but there is nothing there about resetting the key or rather the chip. I used to own a Vauxhall Vectra and with that it was very simple to do, can anyone tell me how to do it on my Avensis?

Hi,

It depends on the model age of your vehicle. I assume yours is the 2001-2003 model?

Programming of the key is different for the 1997-2000 model, 2001-2003 model etc.

It also depends on whether you have a secondary key to base the programming on & it needs to be a black key. It can't be done if your second key is a grey key. If you only have one key, the one you use, you won't be able to programme the fob yourself.

Advise what year your model is from & I can give you the procedure.

You could also try sitting in your car, take out the Battery, re-insert it & try it a few times.

The avensis has a rolling code system, to stop the frequency being scanned and then used to enter the vehicle by thieves. It means your remote & car change the frequency every time it is locked/opened. Changing the Battery, can put the fob out of sync with the car.

Marv

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links