Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do In Reprogramme My Keyfob?

Ricki01

Can any1 tell me how to reprogramme my Key fob? I have a 2000 X plate model VVTI GS 1.8, I have read the handbook and can't find it anywhere in there, even though there is quite an extensive section on the key itself. Any help would be good as I am getting fed up with the alarm going off every time I need to go out in the car.

So far I have changed the Battery, opened the car with the key, turned on the ignition whilst pressing the buttons on the fob, removed the key and pressed the buttons on the fob, which appeared to sort the problem, then I came back home last night to find it had happened again.

Does anyone know how to sort this?

Can any1 tell me how to reprogramme my Key fob? I have a 2000 X plate model VVTI GS 1.8, I have read the handbook and can't find it anywhere in there, even though there is quite an extensive section on the key itself. Any help would be good as I am getting fed up with the alarm going off every time I need to go out in the car.

So far I have changed the battery, opened the car with the key, turned on the ignition whilst pressing the buttons on the fob, removed the key and pressed the buttons on the fob, which appeared to sort the problem, then I came back home last night to find it had happened again.

Have now read the book again from page 10 onwards and can't find anything in there regarding the reprogramming of the key, can some1 please tell me where I can find this information.

So far I have changed the battery, opened the car with the key, turned on the ignition whilst pressing the buttons on the fob, removed the key and pressed the buttons on the fob, which appeared to sort the problem, then I came back home last night to find it had happened again.

Have now read the book again from page 10 onwards and can't find anything in there regarding the reprogramming of the key, can some1 please tell me where I can find this information.

I changed the Battery on my keyfob last weekend (I have a 2002 1.8vvti Avensis) and was worried about all the bells and whistles going off. In the event all I did was to leave a door open and put the key in the ignition without turning it. There were a few soft beeps, and when they stopped (only a few seconds) I tried starting the car, which it did. Then I turned the engine off, got out and locked the door and all was OK.

I have used the car each day since, and it's been OK. I think the trick is to simply place the key into the lock and not turn it. I hope you have more luck next time. There was quite an extensive series of postings about this on here not long ago - maybe it might help if you trawled them up?