Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Your Help!

kangzy

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give you an update on the my scenario as its been a while since i last posted. As many of you may remember my car involved in an head on accident just before Christmas. Since my last post the third party has declared liability and my car has been declared a total right off. My compressor was valued at £8550 and the insurance company has subsequently paid out . The car is now waiting to be crushed and despite my efforts they wont let me take any of the parts off the car.. which is pretty frustrating especially knowing how much money I initially put into her

The issue i have now is i am not happy with the pay out by any stretch of the imagination and I've been told that the only way i can increase amount is this is by forwarding relevant evidence (ie adverts) to the engineer in the hope that he will revise his calculation.

So i need your help..

Firstly.. has anyone had any similar experiences? Is there any advice you can offer me ?

Secondly...can anyone find adverts of an 06 compressor with 28k on the clock that is being sold at a price of more than £10k

Thanks in advance

Shaun

Ouch! :(

A quick look on the trader throws up similar values to yours with the only one being over £10k a 2007 plate

There's some 06 plates on there between £9k - £9,995

Hmm..think you'd struggle to find a compressor for over 10k tbh. Like Gaz said most 06's are advertised for the amount yours was valued at.

I think most insurance companies don't take modifications into consideration when paying out, unless stated otherwise. Look on the bright side, at least they paid out :(

When the Insurance Company asked for the cars value at the (quote point) did you say market value or (for example) 12k to cover the mods?

shaun its here genius LOL!

epicfail.com! :lol:

Shall i remove the other thread then? :P

it was an epic fail haha, Yea remove it, Hes probably at work so probably had his boss looking over his shoulder and couldnt be bothered to scroll further down lol.

Done... to save him looking too daft :bag:

:lol:

HAHAHA.. sorry i must of over looked things!

GAZ your a moderator now?? how things have changed? lol

cabcurtains: i said the car was 10k at the point of qoute as i never didnt even think about modifying it *doh*

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links