Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unlocking Doors From Inside The Vehicle

barkingmadmark

Hi,

I have just taken ownership of a new Toyota Verso T-Spirit. When the speed goes over 12mph the doors automatically lock. From the manual it states that once the engine is turned off, as long as I open the drivers door within 10 seconds, that the rest of the doors should unlock themselves.

However I am finding that only the drivers door will unlock itself. ie any other passengers will find that if they pull their door handle that the door remains locked and they have to manually unlock the door themselves individually?? Or I can press the unlock button, which unlocks the whole car.

Is this correct, or do I have a fault, or am I just missing something???????

Any clarity gratefully appreciated,

Thanks,

Mark

No this is correct !!

If you look in your owners manual you can adjust the door opening by following a sequence to program the door !!

I have an automatic and have set all doors to unlock when put into park unless manual cars do not have this facility

Have a look at page 67 and page 68 on the Verso manual and see if it helps .

You may be able to unlock all doors by putting in neutral as opposed to park on a Automatic

have a look at this link

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ic=103428&h

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...c=104455&hl

Hi.

I had the same problem- no unlocking of the doors.

But today I changed the door setting to unlock all the doors if driver door is opened within 10sec.

It was easy - put the gear to N, switch on the ignition (either by key or with a button if it is keyless) Then within 10 sec you must press unlock button on drivers door, hold it for 5 seconds and release. As a confirmation - the doors must shortly close and open. That's it!

Regards

PS If you have automatic transmission, there is additional programmable possibility of automatic door unlocking if the Selector put into P position. IMHO I find it better than previous one.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have just taken ownership of a new Toyota Verso T-Spirit. When the speed goes over 12mph the doors automatically lock. From the manual it states that once the engine is turned off, as long as I open the drivers door within 10 seconds, that the rest of the doors should unlock themselves.

However I am finding that only the drivers door will unlock itself. ie any other passengers will find that if they pull their door handle that the door remains locked and they have to manually unlock the door themselves individually?? Or I can press the unlock button, which unlocks the whole car.

Is this correct, or do I have a fault, or am I just missing something???????

Any clarity gratefully appreciated,

Thanks,

Mark

Did you manage to solve this problem - I have just picked up a Verso (manual box) and am having the same problem?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Did you ever get this sorted?

I have just picked up a Verso (manual gearbox) and have the same issue.

The Handbook seems geared to those that are auto's

Any advice welcome

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links