Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Irish V English

9BarStrata

got your attention.......

My mate has a 04 avensis 2.0diesel, it was imported from the uk, he's a taxi driver. He was told by a toyota garage that the 16" alloy wheels (8spoke) from an irish model would not fit his car. he has the steel wheels on his and the same size tyres as the alloys (205/55-16) I can't see what the problem would be. I know that the 2.2 diesel is a different fitting but thats the only one isn't it?

is there a difference in the suspension settings between irish and Uk models? i ask this because my new 17" alloys(10spoke juno) with 215/45-17 tyres appear to have a bit more space under the arches than another uk import with the same wheels and tyres. would there be a difference in weight? my car is a 1.6 petrol and the other being a diesel. i remember seeing on the toyodiy site that irsh market models were specifically mentioned but can't remember where.

Anyone with any thoughts or opinions on this please let me know

cheers 9

My mate has a 04 avensis 2.0diesel, it was imported from the uk, he's a taxi driver. He was told by a toyota garage that the 16" alloy wheels (8spoke) from an irish model would not fit his car. he has the steel wheels on his and the same size tyres as the alloys (205/55-16) I can't see what the problem would be. I know that the 2.2 diesel is a different fitting but thats the only one isn't it?

is there a difference in the suspension settings between irish and Uk models? i ask this because my new 17" alloys(10spoke juno) with 215/45-17 tyres appear to have a bit more space under the arches than another uk import with the same wheels and tyres. would there be a difference in weight? my car is a 1.6 petrol and the other being a diesel. i remember seeing on the toyodiy site that irsh market models were specifically mentioned but can't remember where.

cheers 9

hi

irish avensis came with the a "harsh road pack" which means it rides about 2 inches higher than uk models,you will need it with the potholes,some of them should have lifeguards on duty over them :)

don't understand why alloys will not fit though!!!

hi

irish avensis came with the a "harsh road pack" which means it rides about 2 inches higher than uk models,you will need it with the potholes,some of them should have lifeguards on duty over them :)

don't understand why alloys will not fit though!!!

2 inches??? !Removed! hell thats a bit of a difference.

so what gives it the difference, is it bigger springs ,shocks or is there just something stuck in there and is it reversible? would it be a big/expensive job to change the car to "normal road pack"

cheers 9

So the garage says 16" steels will fit, but 16" alloy won't? Same diameter. Same circumference. Presumably same tyres. I call shenanigans. Also, I've a UK 04 Avensis diesel. Currently have steel wheels on it, but had aftermarket 17's on previously.