Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Goodwill Gesture

tribon60

hi all ,having owned toyotas most of my driving life ,and now driving a 09 auris t3 1.6 .i was wondering if toyota will be making a goodwill gesture to owners of recalled vehicles ,i have seen on different posts about ,fuel being given or car cleaning kits ,is this a toyota thing or just the dealers at there discresion for good customer relations ,i called toyota this morning to ask ,and never got a straight answer ,after all my toyota years this car has had the steering coloum recall done and no gesture of goodwill ,now the accelartor pedal ,what next

I doubt. With the amount of cars to fix the cost would be huuuge. Toyota sales in US is already taking slump. My car wasn't even cleaned after last job they did- probably they try to save on water.

i received a very nice car cleaning kit from MrT in Bishopbriggs after the steering column recall so hopefully there will be another good will gesture for this recall :D

I received £15 fuel in the tank curtsey of Toyota (supplied by the dealer) and the car cleaned by the dealer after the steering column recall, I asked the dealer about this the other day and was told the £15 fuel is supplied to by Toyota to every car that has a recall providing you dont work for Toyota or the car is owned by a Toyota dealer etc, the car wash was done by curtsey of the local dealer. Dealer in question is Ron Brooks Mansfield.

My car wasn't even cleaned after last job they did- probably they try to save on water.

What do you mean Greg? Should they usually clean a car (like give it a wash) but they didn't?

Or didn't they clean the dirt which they created while working?

Best regards, Alex

What do you mean Greg? Should they usually clean a car (like give it a wash) but they didn't?

Each time car was cleaned outside and inside after service/warranty job- great. Last time wasn't cleaned at all (OK, not a big deal) but there was mess inside- old tissues, tape and plastic bits all over it. My glove box content was up side down and bits on the front seat. I was in hurry and I couldn't be bothered to go back and make complaints.

Each time car was cleaned outside and inside after service/warranty job- great. Last time wasn't cleaned at all (OK, not a big deal) but there was mess inside- old tissues, tape and plastic bits all over it. My glove box content was up side down and bits on the front seat. I was in hurry and I couldn't be bothered to go back and make complaints.

My dealer scratches my car everytime it goes in for any repairs. On 3 seperate occasions there were deep scratches on the exterior of my car. When i complained i was faced with a rude and aggressive manager who completely denied responsibility!! I have now asked them not to wash my car!

my dealer valets the car as standard when I get it serviced.

Wow your dealers seem to wash your cars every time you go for a service. Here in Finland they do not do such things... Last time I even asked if they were going to wash my car as it's waxed and shouldn't be washed with strong chemicals (don't know the exact word). They told me like "no problem, we weren't even going to do that"...

Best regards, Alex

• 1 month later...

Hi, Iv'e had the re-call done and just got £20 Marks and Spencers gift vouchers through the post,

had it done at Gordon Lamb, Sheffield

Hi toyota uk r giving M&s shopping vouchers £20 I was give after sending off a customer satisfaction questionare.

Hi toyota uk r giving M&s shopping vouchers £20 I was give after sending off a customer satisfaction questionare.

Provided you registered for the recall via the Toyota website (ie inputting your cars VIN), and you had the recall work done/car checked, Toyota will be sending out £ 20 in M&S vouchers. Additionally Toyota Centres may offer additional 'compensation' of their own volition (my centre gave a £25 vouicher off the next service)and a wash and vacuum of the car.

Where I go they normally wash it but only outside. Also depends if they see the car is too dirty and I normally handle this booking and complains with the same person so he knows me already and he tries his best to please me but sometimes its the product fault not his I wish the product had the same quality. They also bring me to work, either in my car or service car, and happen once they took my car to work. Needless to say it is really close 2 or 3 km. For the column steering recall they gave a polar cover that was all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links