Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Difference Between Sr180 And T180?

PapaHett

Whats the difference between the two? I thought the SR180 had all the extra exterior stuff, alloys, spoiler etc. But the T180's I see are exactly the same..

Am I mad to be interested in an SR180? At the minute i'm driving a 2.0L Auris TR.. I was after a Corolla T-Sport, but they're impossible to get over here. So i've been looking for alternatives.. and the Redline article about the tuning boxes has got me intrigued. I was for moving away from Diesel, but I love the Torque... That i'm probably unlikely to get from a similar group petrol..

My Auris is due a service etc, as well as the recall/warranty work.. So I might ask the dealership if I could borrow an SR180 for a while, when mine is in getting worked on.. Would they be likely to do this? I know when my mum was getting her Honda serviced, they only gave her a wee 1.2 Jazz (She has a 2.2 Diesel Accord).

Am I mad?

I love how the sr180's look, especially in white.. But how do they drive? For a Hot Diesel?

We have a T180 and love it, the best one to get will be the very first SR180 as these TBH are T180's with SR180 body kit. The reason for this is the SR180 has less spec than the T180 but does come with rear tints and spoiler as standard (this cost me £320 to get done) and a slightly different body kit, but the T180 has keyless entry, auto lights and wipers, auto tint rear view mirror and sunroof which I dont think the SR180 has unless you get one of the first SR180's as like I said these where re-badged and speced T180's

DSCF0628.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

DSCF0633.jpg

th_DSCF0513.jpg

DSCF0487.jpg

DSCF0486.jpg

I have done a video on youtube to discuss the T180, included are the differences. Both in part one and part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he4ymI_3RrY Part one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKl79XRUV8 Part Two

they are highly unlikely to let you have one of the flagship auris models on loan, especially since they dont produce them no more.

dont know what the 2.0 d4d sounds like but all I can say is the works Citroen van sounds hell of a lot worse than the T180 and IMO is pretty quite for a diesel.

IMO?

In My Opinion.

The noise of the 2.0 D4D when it's cold is something I hate.. It sounds like it's running on spanners for the first few miles, after that it sounds grand.

• 1 month later...

2.2. is quieter on the startup than the 2.0. I have a 58 SR180, no keyless but has auto wipers, auto lights, parking sensors, cruise and auto rear view dimming. Plus tinted windows and rear spoiler but no diffuser decal. Got the sat nav which is ok but I went for it as it provides other features such as bluetooth, shame it's not like the one in brochure with the SD card slot and Aux. in.

From what I am aware of,

the T180 was the initial 'sporty' auris, with keyless entry, keyless start and sunroof,

The options available were the lowered sports suspension and TRD kit, not sure if the tinited windows were available as standard upgrade.

Due to the popularity of the extras the SR180 was produced with the sports suspension etc as standard but lacking sunroof and keyless entry.

There may be other differences.

I purchased a 'tarted' up T180 from a dealer for a bargain price as it was one of their demonstrators.

I have a 2.0L TR D4D ive chipped it up to 165bhp its awsome also put on a jap 4" straight cut back box lowered 40mm Love it I agree sounds rough when cold, but when warm & the turbo climbs on my exhaust sound sweet. Cheeper than buying a 180SR but personal choice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links