Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina E

jeffrosie

I just got one, but have soo many Celica bits lying around after uprating the Celica.

Just started to fit the bigger 202 discs and calipers - and they are a direct fit.

Gearbox is the same as the ST202.

Does any body know if the 202 loom will plug into the Carina??

Will be swapping the suspension next.

Wonder if the rear ARB is the same, then I could use the Whiteline ARB.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffrosie

• already_1uk

• juris

• BALIKBAYAN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ARB - antiroll-bar

Think I'll even turbo it.

Now I understand. I have never seen that abbreviation before.

Fitted 16" Subaru alloys in White with 215/50 rear and 205/50 front.

Looks smart on a Red car :thumbsup:

Gonna source a ST185 exhaust manifold with CT26 turbo and stainless downpipe to take care of forced induction duties. Exhaust sysuem will be 2.5". Will keep boost to 5-7psi.

Probably need an uprated clutch too as I think this will be pushing close to 200 horses.

No picture of anything yet, but I will do them soon.

Also, although the Carina is an Executive model, it has no AC - but I'm not fussed about it. It also does not have discs at the back - old fashioned drums instead. Thinking about having the complete rear legs with hubs and discs from a ST182 or a ST202 fitted. Lowering springs will aid the stance of the Carina too.

So, has anybody else had anything done to their Carina's??

3 spoke steering wheel going on next - just hate the bulky 4 spoke.

Interior light converted to LED

100w H4 bulbs fitted and brighter T10 zenon type bulbs fitted. Gives the front a better look from the yellow'y type bulbs.

yeaahh i got stacks of things done to my carina, but i like where ur heading i do need some info on the performance side of things

i am aware that the 89-92 celica st's have the same hub as the carinas apart from the carina gti which i believe has gt4 suspension on it

so the old celica brake callipers should bolt on

all my modifications are styling and nothing done to tuning at all yet, im trying to decide between a camry v6 and gt4 lump

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?f35f27542c.jpg

that is an old pic a few things have changed since then

No bad, but you will need eighter conversion to give it the guts the styling demands.

I was thinking about a ST202 engine (same as the Carina GTI), but not sure if the ST202 loom will be a plug and play affair. Will have to visually check on this. Other route is to rebuild the std engine and just boost it using a ST185 exhaust manifold whick is a direct fit along with a CT26 or CT20 turbo and run it just under 1bar. This should give me about another 80hp so just to break the 200hp. The std gearbox should be fine as its the same on the ST202 but with a 6puc clutch. On another note, the gear shift is soooooo long - need a short shift kit for it. I hear that the G7 Celicas short shift is a direct fit.

Another thing I noticed about your car is de-tangoed front corner indicators. How did you get the orange lens out??

Mines a K reg, so its gonna get a 2.5" straight through exhaust system with no cat.

Another thing I noticed about your car is de-tangoed front corner indicators. How did you get the orange lens out??

with great difficulty i think i ended up carefully taking off the lenses, but this isnt great as i did slightly crack one

and i got a 2.0 on the way in june hopfully so will give me the mounts and running gear to ft the gt4 lump, i know a guy for all the wiring but if u get anymore info on how easy it is to do i would appreciate it

Front wheel with Subaru alloy painted white with Volk racing stickers and 205/50's.

You will also see that the discs are biger than std Carina discs.

Brakes fitted are from Celica ST202, direct bolt on.

post-85992-1266102209_thumb.jpg

Front wheel with Subaru alloy painted white with Volk racing stickers and 205/50's.

You will also see that the discs are biger than std Carina discs.

Brakes fitted are from Celica ST202, direct bolt on.

i need some of them big discs if u got any more :P

Keep your eyes on eBay or contact bigb1970 on celicaclubuk. He will be able to get you calipers and discs.

As mine is an early Carina E, it has drums at the back :mad2:

Has to be changed to disc, but I think the disc hub will not fit the drum hub, so have to source Celica G5 or G6 rear shocks complete with hubs, discs and calipers.

Wonder if the front corner indicators will come apart with heat??

I had seperated my Celica indicators by putting them in a preheated oven of 200 deg C for about 10 min. That made the glue soft enough to take the lens off. Sure the Carina is the same ;)

Just checked my speedometer against the GPS at 30 and 50 and is reading 2MPH slower. Not bad considering I'm running 205/50/16's in the front. STD tyres were, I think, 185/60/14's

Under reads by 4 MPH at 100. Had it checked on a private road :rolleyes: