Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hids

jonnnnnnnnnnnno

Hey guys as the title says I need to know about the best place to buy HID kit for my rolla as my lights don't seem to work and using that as a reason to get some HIDs.

Help please what's tje best K to get and tje best placeto buy?

well i know that is a good excuse to use but you really would want to get your origional lights fixed first, your only changing the bulb for a hid bulb, so unless thats all your problem is............

well i dont have them in myself yet but most people seem to be going for 6000k and 8000k

are you doing both dip and main ?

you know headlights are H7 and spots are H11

oh, you dont have spots do you ?

aw dont mean to hijack thread but seen as i meantioned it, is there a switch on the headlight stalk for spot lights on your car ? me mate has a bet on with me that there is !!!! (on the t2 models in general i mean)

well i know that is a good excuse to use but you really would want to get your origional lights fixed first, your only changing the bulb for a hid bulb, so unless thats all your problem is............

well i dont have them in myself yet but most people seem to be going for 6000k and 8000k

are you doing both dip and main ?

you know headlights are H7 and spots are H11

oh, you dont have spots do you ?

aw dont mean to hijack thread but seen as i meantioned it, is there a switch on the headlight stalk for spot lights on your car ? me mate has a bet on with me that there is !!!! (on the t2 models in general i mean)

Yeah i guess i should get them looked at first really.

would be just dipped beam for now.

nope there is only the rear fogs on the stalk buddy.

andycam06- dont mean to ruin your bet but i just went and checked my stalk and i do have a front fog light switch and a rear one.... and behind my front bumper i have the wiring in place for fog lights which i am trying to get and my car is a facelift t2 model maybe you dont on prefacelifts? :P

and jonno well ive read alot of people having 8k and i do remember hidforyou.co.uk being quite a popular choise .. hope it helps

i would buy the kits from eBay, i bought the hids4u kits which are about twice the price and there really is no difference between them and the kits from china/hong kong.

I've got 5000K dipped and mains on my car, I wanted the maximum light i could get, the blue tinge didn't bother me.

Try hidsdirect they are very good with prices and their service is good too.

I have 8000k and they do look ace but as nrgizerbunny states the less k you go for the more light you'll get.

Dont get me wrong the 8000k do have more light than standard but the higher you go the less light you'll get :thumbsup:

andycam06- dont mean to ruin your bet but i just went and checked my stalk and i do have a front fog light switch and a rear one.... and behind my front bumper i have the wiring in place for fog lights which i am trying to get and my car is a facelift t2 model maybe you dont on prefacelifts? :P

and jonno well ive read alot of people having 8k and i do remember hidforyou.co.uk being quite a popular choise .. hope it helps

wel he aint on this site so ill tell him what jonnnnnnnnnno said, haha, iam getiing that €50, haha, only messing, cheers for that lad, its alway handy handy to know them useless facts for when such questions arise ;)

just to let you know that unless the have head light washers they would be illegal for use on the roads

Not only must there be headlight washers, but also the headlight lens must also be compatible plus the vehicle must be fitted with a headlight self-levelling system - see link below. If the headlight lenses aren't compatible the amount of usuable light being emitted may actually reduce.

Ideally the best light temperature should be around 4000k to 5000k as this is the closest colour temperature to natural daylight and the human eye works best at these ranges.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

Hi Jonn...nno

Iv just bought and fitted some on myself from here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-COROLLA-H7-8K...81#ht_545wt_744

Cheapest i found on the net, they took a while to be delivered, but thats was due to snail mail.

Theyre quite fiddly to put on if you dont want to take your bumper off as the springs holding the bulbs are hard to get in to.

just to let you know that unless the have head light washers they would be illegal for use on the roads

Could be stupid question but what's the light washer? and hopefully the reason for my lights not working is just the fuse so ill have a look tomorrow and then keep the bulbs i have for a little longer. As i have no money now i just got my new alloys and need to get longer nuts than standard to tighten them up and also ned to make sure everything is ok for MOT :(

You you spray your windscreen for example in my g/f cooper s there are jets that also pop out and spray her headlights

You you spray your windscreen for example in my g/f cooper s there are jets that also pop out and spray her headlights

Oh lol that kind of washers ha

Whys that though and what about the people with them on there corollas?

Oh lol that kind of washers ha

Whys that though and what about the people with them on there corollas?

Its the law that dvla have set out