Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Flat Tyre

MD1

Last week we took our 2 month old iQ3 from Norfolk to Scotland - car was really good and very comfortable :D however having covered well on 1000 miles in a week driving along the road from hell (for us in East Anglia it's the A14) the car starting to vibrate and yes you've guessed it we had a flat :censor:

So we unloaded the boot got out the little pump etc and followed the instructions and ended up with a tyre with mumps! :rolleyes:

We had to call Toyota assistance who brought us and the car home... now need to call the dealer tomorrow in the hope that they can supple a tyre and pick my car up as I'm sure I shouldn't be driving the car anywhere?? You decide by the shots of my rear passenger tyre?!?!

post-85865-1265548006_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1265548046_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1265548081_thumb.jpg

So it's a new tyre and I guess new tyre weld stuff???

Last week we took our 2 month old iQ3 from Norfolk to Scotland - car was really good and very comfortable :D however having covered well on 1000 miles in a week driving along the road from hell (for us in East Anglia it's the A14) the car starting to vibrate and yes you've guessed it we had a flat :censor:

So we unloaded the boot got out the little pump etc and followed the instructions and ended up with a tyre with mumps! :rolleyes:

We had to call Toyota assistance who brought us and the car home... now need to call the dealer tomorrow in the hope that they can supple a tyre and pick my car up as I'm sure I shouldn't be driving the car anywhere?? You decide by the shots of my rear passenger tyre?!?!

You are right. You don'y want to be driving anywhere on that tyre.

I got a punture shortly after getting my car, but I managed to get it sorted when I got to work, so I was ok. With more and more cars coming without a spare tyre things like this are more common. Changing a wheel is a pain, but fixing the tyre with the sealant kit, and then not being any better off is a nightmare.

I had problems getting a replacement tyre at the time, but I hope you get sorted out ok.

You are right. You don'y want to be driving anywhere on that tyre.

I got a punture shortly after getting my car, but I managed to get it sorted when I got to work, so I was ok. With more and more cars coming without a spare tyre things like this are more common. Changing a wheel is a pain, but fixing the tyre with the sealant kit, and then not being any better off is a nightmare.

I had problems getting a replacement tyre at the time, but I hope you get sorted out ok.

Thats why I carry a spare wheel, I just don't like the idea of those inflation kits, or the cost to replace them (about the cost of a new tyre it would appear and it looks like you need to buy a new tyre too if you have a puncture, unless you have access to tyre changing equipment).

Looks like you put too much in?

don't see how as we followed the instructions to the letter and only inflated the tyre to around 1.5 bar - someway off what it should be - the compressor actually delivers the sealant so you don't have much say over how much goes in!

I had problems getting a replacement tyre at the time, but I hope you get sorted out ok

Hopefully my dealer can help - but why do I have this nagging feeling they won't?????? Spoilt our relaxing week away I can tell ya!! :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links