Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loose Suspension Nuts

mr dave

Hi all,

Yesterday morning my wife and i had to nip to B&Q to get some items, then pop to see some other family members afterwards.Whilst on our way to them my wife heard a clunking noise from the front left of the car (metal on metal).So we detoured back to home to drop my wife off,then it was off to 'sims' toyota for me.I walked up to the service desk & i explained all to them, so the lady on the desk then went to speak to one of the mechanics. On her return she said the mechanics were busy, but would i mind waiting, i said no problem! 40 or so minutes later the lady came back to me & said the mechanic had test driven the car & heard the noise and he says it is the front left suspension top mounting nuts that are loose,and i'm like OMG :eek: .10 mins later the job was done and the dealer had notified toyota uk technical dept of this issue as they said this shouldn't happen ATALL!

I have marked in red arrows on the attached picture where the problem was,so if anyone gets this noise atall, then get your nuts checked :thumbsup: :D

post-63295-1265567354_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Yesterday morning my wife and i had to nip to B&Q to get some items, then pop to see some other family members afterwards.Whilst on our way to them my wife heard a clunking noise from the front left of the car (metal on metal).So we detoured back to home to drop my wife off,then it was off to 'sims' toyota for me.I walked up to the service desk & i explained all to them, so the lady on the desk then went to speak to one of the mechanics. On her return she said the mechanics were busy, but would i mind waiting, i said no problem! 40 or so minutes later the lady came back to me & said the mechanic had test driven the car & heard the noise and he says it is the front left suspension top mounting nuts that are loose,and i'm like OMG :eek: .10 mins later the job was done and the dealer had notified toyota uk technical dept of this issue as they said this shouldn't happen ATALL!

I have marked in red arrows on the attached picture where the problem was,so if anyone gets this noise atall, then get your nuts checked :thumbsup: :D

post-63295-1265567354_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the warning.

Gave my nuts a tweak :unsure: this morning and they are all tight, at the moment anyway.

• 1 month later...

I have a Toyota IQ2. I have been experiencing a squealing noise from what appears to be the back wheels. I thought people were looking at my car to admire it, but its the noise they hear ! Any one else had this issue. I love my car .....

fotini

• 2 weeks later...