Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Car!

AE_92

lol, the pictures were taken at chepstow racecourse by the looks of it, just down the road from me. they used to do drifting shows down there at the welsh motorsport show. thought id seen it before. its an animal to be fair.

Hi all not much done to the car as I’m still waiting for the parts the only thing I’ve done is change the steering wheel to my nardi torino and the gear knob to my Trd one

Anyway here are some pics

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

hope you like :thumbsup:

it does look better without stickers... the green is pretty hideous though... are you going to spray it white?

nice ride though!

• 2 months later...

Right done quite a lot to the since i got the car also had a major problem with the turbo! :( was told it was a blown oil seal so decided to get it rebuilt but found out it was going to cost a lot! and was told to by a new turbo so I was like ok and bought a garrett gt2860r also known as a disco potato (don’t know why??) so the car was out of action for a week or so and then finally got a box :D

IMG00241-20100416-1447.jpg

hmmmm wonder what this could be lol

anyway got straight to it and fitted it within a couple of hours took it for a quick test drive and got to say i was very pleased spools up more quicker and feels quicker than the IHI one couldn’t take the boost up more that 0.5 (no intercooler :( )

here are some pic's :naughty: (I should have taken some pic's when it was not fitted but hay I was excited to get it in the car!! :Jumpy: )

IMG00229-20100416-1355.jpg

IMG00230-20100416-1356.jpg

New Vs old

IMG00232-20100416-1359.jpg

New Vs Gtr turbo (which I was going to fit but was too much work)

it was ok for about a week and then it happened :( the oil seal on this on went to man I was ****** so I had to take it all out again then send it back the turbo dynamics which rebuilt it free of charge and asked me if I had fitted a oil restrictor I was not sure had a look and it didn’t have one so I ordered one of eBay had to wait 2 weeks to get the turbo back :ffs:

As I was waiting for the turbo I went out and picked this baby up B) (abit of retail therapy to cheer me up :D)

IMG00237-20100416-1442.jpg

old school bride brix :clap:

also fitted my optima red top Battery, alpine d310r head unit,nav, infity kappa Speakers and heat wrapped the turbo down pipe

IMG00236-20100416-1408.jpg

IMG00234-20100416-1400.jpg

got the turbo back fitted it up aggggaaaaiinnn :rolleyes: fitted the oil restrictor also did a service with new plugs ik22's,millers 10w50 race oil and k&n oil filter,fitted my HIDs 6000k

thhhhennn I had abit of a problem with the radiator wires which got caught on the water pump pulley and ****ed it up :ffs: happed when i was in traffic and noticed the car(in the cabin) was getting hot looked at the water temp gauge and seemed to be not working looked at the oil temp gauge and it was on 100!! (normally on 75-80) so i pulled over to a petrol station and opened the bonnet and man there was a lot of heat coming off the engine so I switched it off and ran to the shop and got some bottles of cold water and poured it over the rad and the engine block let it cool down abit then drove home. Iam hoping the engine is still ok seems fine :crybaby:

so quite an eventful ownership of the ae86 so far lol

also got these on order

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-Slim-Line-Radiator-Fan-Upgrade-12v-Cooling-Air-Con_W0QQitemZ280389755846QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item41488823c6

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290369739964&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

which should help get more power and help keep it coool B)

next on the list is intercooler and remap

that is an awesome looking car! never been a hugh fan of them, but i never disliked them either! but seeing this actually makes me want one too!! :yes:

what are the 4age 16v engines like, do they tend to burn oil, i.e. worn piston rings??

the original and best, absolute beauty! Hope it goes ok with the rad

thanks mate :D

that is an awesome looking car! never been a hugh fan of them, but i never disliked them either! but seeing this actually makes me want one too!! :yes:

what are the 4age 16v engines like, do they tend to burn oil, i.e. worn piston rings??

Thanks mate never had problems with burning oil but found that all my 4age engine's (my late spec 4age,ae92 4agze,ae101 4agze and this one) they leak oil from the sump alittle not sure if that a common problem?

still not got the rad fans :crybaby:

What an awesome spunky fresh looking car, I am in love (even nicer in white tho)

Bringing it to JAE?

lol thanks man yeah I would like it to be white too but I’ll do that later

Yeah will be bringing it to the JAE :thumbsup:

Who you going with? I think it would look amazing in the middle of the TOC stand, all the other cars looking at it jealously :toast:

Who you going with? I think it would look amazing in the middle of the TOC stand, all the other cars looking at it jealously :toast:

With TOC (i think ive put my name down) :thumbsup:

Must have missed you off my PM list dude, PM sent just for confirmation! :yahoo:

Will look awesome and attract a lot of interest!

got the de-cat pipe today just fitted it all up sound much better now :yahoo:

IMG00245-20100424-1721.jpg

still not got my fans!! :(

the original and best, absolute beauty! Hope it goes ok with the rad

thanks mate :D

Thanks mate never had problems with burning oil but found that all my 4age engine's (my late spec 4age,ae92 4agze,ae101 4agze and this one) they leak oil from the sump alittle not sure if that a common problem?

still not got the rad fans :crybaby:

Mine's leaking around the sump next to the crank pulley. It wasn't before I took the motor apart yet now that it's back together again it's started leaking... :huh:

I'm just going to replace the sump seal when my GCSE's are over. :yes:

Shouldn't be too hard, you don't even need to remove the down-pipe or anything, just drain the oil, remove the union and take off the sump. :D

De-cat looks mint mate, what's it sound like now?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links