Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipsum

fasteye

My 2004 Ipsum 240e vibrates whenever I stop at the traffic.  It is annoying.  Anyone has similar experience?

Vibrates during braking or when you just stopped? If during braking -> check brake discs - sometimes they like to be deformed and need replace

T.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• matnor

• Squonx

• samsamsam

• T.N.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 2004 Ipsum 240e vibrates whenever I stop at the traffic.  It is annoying.  Anyone has similar experience?

Vibrates during braking or when you just stopped? If during braking -> check brake discs - sometimes they like to be deformed and need replace

T.

I do have the same problem! :angry: After running 30000Km, and 2 par of brake pads and braking discs substitution, on the warranty, finally the local dealer is considering to use other produts than Toyota's original parts. Their normal brake pads for this model sucks! :crybaby:

I have a 2001 Ipsum 240i imported from Japan.  It is currently on the standard 15" wheels.  Is anyone running one on 16 or 17 inch wheels as I am looking to put mag wheels on it and want to which will be best for handling.

I've 16". I advise you this size because of the confort; 17" becames a bit more "hard".

• 2 months later...
:D

There are more and more Ipsum on the road nowadays..in Kuala Lumpur!

hi matnor,

just booked ipsum today...

it's 1996 model registered in 2004.

I will be the 2nd owner...hope to get my ipsum next week after all the

application (finance etc) approved.

U can contact me at 016-2901636..maybe i can share your knowledge

about this car... :bye:

hi matnor,

Hello! Ipsum owners,

Hello! matnor, amir, any chance of meeting you in Kuala Lumpur?

I am buying a reconditioned 2.0 ltr Year 2000 Ipsum with milage of about 22,000 km. What sort of initial servicing required other than changing the engine oil? Would appreciate everyone advice. :)

hi matnor,

Hello! Ipsum owners,

Hello! matnor, amir, any chance of meeting you in Kuala Lumpur?

I am buying a reconditioned 2.0 ltr Year 2000 Ipsum with milage of about 22,000 km. What sort of initial servicing required other than changing the engine oil? Would appreciate everyone advice. :)

Try this forum...

http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts...Closed=&page=10

Hi everyone,

I was surfing the web looking for Ipsum/Picnic parts when I stumbled on this site. I am in Japan and have access to Toyota "OEM" parts straight from the Toyota Pi-Pit store. The down side is that some parts are more expensive here in Japan than they are in the United States. I have a 1996 Toyota Ipsum that I drive here in Japan. I like the size (my other car is a 1992 Honda Legend 4door) because it is easier for my wife to drive around. I replaced the front C-V boots with a kit I bought from the Toyota store for 13,800 yen ( $128 American). I still have a problem with the engine though, it is making quite the knocking sound like the water pump is failing. At first I thought it was the alternator but isolated it out and the sound was still there. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Like to get to know some of you since I travel a lot in Asia ( Hong-Kong, Singapore, Korea ).

Thanks

Greg

Hi Greg;

I'm using Ipsum rconn 99 from Japan..no problem so far..

Could you find out, how much id the rear sonar over there..someone hit my rear bumper..gone the sonar..

Contact me if you're in Kuala Lumpur..matnor@tm.net.my

Hi everyone,

I was surfing the web looking for Ipsum/Picnic parts when I stumbled on this site. I am in Japan and have access to Toyota "OEM" parts straight from the Toyota Pi-Pit store. The down side is that some parts are more expensive here in Japan than they are in the United States. I have a 1996 Toyota Ipsum that I drive here in Japan. I like the size (my other car is a 1992 Honda Legend 4door) because it is easier for my wife to drive around. I replaced the front C-V boots with a kit I bought from the Toyota store for 13,800 yen ( $128 American). I still have a problem with the engine though, it is making quite the knocking sound like the water pump is failing. At first I thought it was the alternator but isolated it out and the sound was still there. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Like to get to know some of you since I travel a lot in Asia ( Hong-Kong, Singapore, Korea ).

Thanks

Greg

Hi Matnor,

I will look into how much the sensors cost and shoot you an email. The prices will all be in yen. The only thing I need to know is the year and body, engine number from your vehicle. Under the hood on the fender wall there will be a plaque with the information I need so when I go to the parts store I can get the pricing for the right part. It will take me longer to get used part prices since I would have to look around for it. I speak little Japanese and have to use my nieces for translator duty. I haven't had time lately to work on my car so I have not isolated my noise problem yet. I will let the sight know what I find and what it took to fix it. Take care.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I know this posting is dated quite a while back. But I just joined the forum. I've the same problem with my Picnic.

For my case, the vibration is caused by low rpm while stopping or when stationary. the engineer at the local dealer in Singapore said this is common for Picnic. It cannot be solved. they can only reduce the vibration.

When I serviced the car, they will only adjust the RPM higher. but a couple of weeks, it's back to low rpm.

I've given up trying to find a solution. my FC is still within factory specs. So I just live iwth the irritation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys;

I own an Ipsum 2.0 yr 99 and do not have any vibration related problem due to the low rpm ..I've more than 20 friends who own Ipsum (few own the new version) and none of us is facing that problem..

I think you guys better check the ECU and get it tuned properly..

Rgds

Matnor

Hi,

I know this posting is dated quite a while back. But I just joined the forum. I've the same problem with my Picnic.

For my case, the vibration is caused by low rpm while stopping or when stationary. the engineer at the local dealer in Singapore said this is common for Picnic. It cannot be solved. they can only reduce the vibration.

When I serviced the car, they will only adjust the RPM higher. but a couple of weeks, it's back to low rpm.

I've given up trying to find a solution. my FC is still within factory specs. So I just live iwth the irritation.

Hi everyone,

I just became a member and I have found the whole site incredibly fascinating.

I recently bought a second hand (one year old) avnesis verso spirit 2.0L auto (having previously owned an old version of the avensis hatchback 1.8SE auto). I think the car is absolutely fab. Having spent quite a while doing research on various 7 seaters (including sharan, galaxy, touran, zafira), i opted for the verso. In fact the whole family swung in favour of the toyota from the start.

I have been through various topics on the forum recently which i found very useful. The point about lack of accessories is very interesting.

I understand that the avensis verso is no longer being sold in the UK (and the rest of Europe??). That's such a great pity. It's a lovely car and if only toyota corp had done better marketing to sell more models. Also, the lack of engine choice probably put off a few buyers. Why only 2 litres? And why no diesel auto? Why no leather option/cruise control,etc????

Also, my car doesn't seem to have an alarm. Went back to the toyota dealer and they told me that it had been discontinued on various models because some owners had complained about it going off randomly?!!?? Are they trying to fob me off??

I also note that under the approved second hand car scheme, a 600 mile/1 month inspection is included, but the dealer didn't seem to know anything about it. The salesman claimed it only applied to new cars??

best wishes

Raks

• 2 weeks later...

In fact the whole family swung in favour of the toyota from the start.

Every journalist claims the third row seats are only for hobbits - but it is a bull*****, isn't it? My son - 185cm high - prefers to sit there and does not complain about lack of room. We travel often with 6 people - no one smaller than 170cm and we have enough space. So journal-tests often sucks

I understand that the avensis verso is no longer being sold in the UK (and the rest of Europe??). That's such a great pity. It's a lovely car and if only toyota corp had

Pity but true. I think Toyota has too few money back selling cars made in Japan on european market - AVerso is not an exception.

done better marketing to sell more models. Also, the lack of engine choice probably put off a few buyers. Why only 2 litres? And why no diesel auto? Why no leather option/cruise control,etc????

I have got leather in a new car but it wasn't Toyota-made, only dealer-made. But it looks great. Cruise control would be very useful, but indeed the most important thing is an engine - 2,2 diesel would be the best choice for this car I think, maybe some 3.0 petrol would be not very bad too ;)

My AVerso drinks LPG (Prins) and the lack of power is minimal, practicaly not noticeable - if you don't try to race of coz. And 100km fuel cost is as low as 6 euro. If you add some petrol (less than 1liter per 100km) and depreciation it still remains deep below normal costs of petrol-drive.

Also, my car doesn't seem to have an alarm. Went back to the toyota dealer and they told me that it had been discontinued on various models because some owners had complained about it going off randomly?!!?? Are they trying to fob me off??

On some markets dealers fit cars with third-party alarms. But, to say the truth, it is simply wasting money. Thiefs have their know-how and alarm is not a big problem for them. Perhaps some individuall, non-standard "invention" would be better and effective. Of course, I have alarm-set fitted, in cause of insurance-discount :)

regards

T.

• 4 months later...

How common is the Ipsum/Picnic in the UK. I'd never noticed them here in NZ until about 3 weeks ago. There seem to be only about 5 for sale around Christchurch and I've only seen 2 others driving around. All imports.

Quite a few, mostly petrol, started to be available in 1997 and ceased in about 2000, rather expensive 2nd hand as sought after. Now replaced by Avensis Verso, two engine sizes 2 litre petrol and 2.2 diesel. Don't seem to have a particular following although other owners will respond to a wave, I like ours though although its a little knocked about as I use it for work and that means some remote locations, sump is not that well protected against rocks.

Townace owners do have a club, they are the Picnic's predecessors I imagine but from the web it seems that cooling mid engines presents a liability quaint as they are. Uk Picnics don't seem to have the extras and styling that I've seen on the odd ipsum here which appear to be better equiped. The roads are pretty clogged in the uk so its not a good idea to pull out in front of traffic with a diesel as they are a bit chuggy until you get going.

Ian Douglas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else have a IPSUM or Picnic?

Hi fasteye

I have 1997 picnic GS, I'm in england and I wonder if anyone could tell me if alloys were standard on this model. I have fitted Mr2 alloys and after removing my wheel trims i found alloy wheel nut which gives me the impression alloys have been on there sometime. the Mr2 alloys give the car stability I think this is because the back tyres are wider. Does anyone know if it's possiable to fit the wider tire on the front ?

Regards Woody_40uk

Hi Frans

Does the 240E have the same body shape as your 2 litre? Ipsums never came into NZ new. Toyota are now, however, bringing in the Avensis Verso (just called Avensis here) which has the new body shape.

Don

hi Don scale models or the Picnic/Ipsum can be found on eBay

Regards woody_40uk

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just bought one - a '02 plate 240u 'G' 4WD - very impressed with it, soo much better than the UK spec (feature wise). :thumbsup:

This one also has a 'Tiptronic' type feature - press a button on the steering wheel, and it activates the up/down buttons also on the steering wheel (and a M lights up on the dash) so you can use it like a manual.

Need to find out what the 4WD button does on the RH side of the dash (picture of the two axles and 4 wheels joined by a center vertical line with 'AUTO' written on it) - ideas anyone?

• 3 years later...

I have a 2001 Ipsum 240i imported from Japan. It is currently on the standard 15" wheels. Is anyone running one on 16 or 17 inch wheels as I am looking to put mag wheels on it and want to which will be best for handling.

Hi I upgraded to 16" mags. Had a hard time finding the correct wheels, not a standard item in Namibia, the only thing to lookout for is the space on the inside of the mag between the brake capillary and the mag ,most mags do not have the correct clearance. Made a great difference in handling and looks. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi every one

I'm new on this forum

I have a toyota ipsum 2.0 year 2001

but the handbook is in japanese, anyone have this handbook in english?

I need know is possible change language to toyota 56042 voice navigation system?

anyone have the handbook of this system to?

I love this car is great

best regard for everyone

• 1 year later...

Hi I upgraded to 16" mags. Had a hard time finding the correct wheels, not a standard item in Namibia, the only thing to lookout for is the space on the inside of the mag between the brake capillary and the mag ,most mags do not have the correct clearance. Made a great difference in handling and looks. :thumbsup:

i have a picnic and got some 18 inche alloys on looks great 225 40 18"S