• matnor

• Squonx

• samsamsam

• T.N.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do.

I have just joined this forum.

Out of curiosity, can you tell me a little bit more about this club.

I am currently a Singapore Toyota Owner's Club member.

Hope to see more discussions here on MPVs :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Toyota Ipsum. I bought it a week ago. It is a Japanese import into New Zealand. First registered in Japan in 1998. I think the model was called a "Picnic" in England.

Anybody know how I could get hold of an owners handbook as these MPV's weren't sold new in NZ

Out of curiosity, can you tell me a little bit more about this club.

I am currently a Singapore Toyota Owner's Club member.

Am sure Steve will answer this question a lot better than I can but I'll give it a go (no laughing in the back row please :blink: )

Toyota Owner's Club (TOC) is an online community for anybody who loves the Toyota Brand, a place to share information and knowledge about various aspects of the vehicles and enjoy discussions on any aspect with like-minded people.

With a large following in the UK a number of offers to Gold Members (not yet launched) will be available to UK residents and a number of meets arranged each year with special offers into various locations such as the Heritage Motor Museum this weekend.

General Registration is free for anybody who would like to become a member and enjoy using the site, Gold Membership will be offered for a small premium and entitle Gold Members to discounts at places such as Toyota Dealerships...

Hope that helps.....

How common is the Ipsum/Picnic in the UK. I'd never noticed them here in NZ until about 3 weeks ago. There seem to be only about 5 for sale around Christchurch and I've only seen 2 others driving around. All imports.

• 2 weeks later...

I own a Ipsum 240E, it was imported from Japan to Singapore. The Toyota agent in Singapore does not have the 2.4L version.

I have the Japanese version of the car manual but I am looking for the English version. Previously I had the 2.0L Ipsum but decided to change to the new 2.4L.

Surprisingly, this big cc has better fuel economy than the 2.0L version

Hi Frans

Does the 240E have the same body shape as your 2 litre? Ipsums never came into NZ new. Toyota are now, however, bringing in the Avensis Verso (just called Avensis here) which has the new body shape.

Don

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:P :P :P

I have a new Ipsum which bought last Feb 2003. It is a Japanese import model XM-10...,the engine is very smooth but I am still not familiar with the auto gear knob which is mounted just behind the steering wheel but I'm getting use to it already

Anybody out there has the owners manual for this model?

What type of Automatic transmission fluid is best for this model??

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I got one too, a direct imported one and so it is Ipsum, 99' made and you can goto my home page to take a look on its pictures. I'd collected some information about this car from various web site too.

I've done some diy after I bought this car and the owner's manual or repair manual for it is hard to find. I've got a couple pages of the mauanl in pdf format (janpanese only) and they're about the removal of the rear-air cond.

Nice to talk to all the ipsum/picnic owner here.

rgds

• 3 weeks later...

:group-cuddles: I've just received my IPSUM 240u & I must say that Toyota car ride quality have been increased a lot. It give me some luxury car feeling, so quiet, so smooth.... quite nice. The car also come with electronic adjustable supsension, side and rear camera, electric seat....etc.

The worst is the only Japanese manual... :ffs:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,everyone.

I've a 240s 01y model.

Unfortunately I know that Toyota is going to do the face lift next Oct. in Japan. :crybaby:

complicated....... :(

regards,

AOI maybe you can help us out....

There's a game only available in Japan made by the makers of GT3 that features only Toyota's and Lexus, I can't remember the name but was wondering how much it would cost to buy and send over, any idea's ????

Hi,

I'm a new member... from Malaysia.

:group-cuddles: Gee, I am really glad to find this forum.

I bought a 1998 Ipsum (imported from Japan). I need an English version Manual or repair handbook. Anyone know where I can buy a copy?

George Liew

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes: Have just purchased a 2.2 diesel automatic Ipsum 1998 haveing had a picnic previously. There are a few differences however, noteabley the third row seats are a bench not individual seats and dont seem to be removeable unlike the picnic's individual seats?????? Am I missing something obvious? Needless to say I dont have a handbook/manual so anyone with any advice I would be grateful to hear from you. Does anyone know if an english handbook was ever produced for the Ipsum?

Kind Regards

Tigi

• 4 months later...

We have the English manuals for 1996~2001 IPSUM

SXM10, CXM10 SERIES, Engine type: 3S-FE (2.0) & 3C-TE (2.2)

Please email sales@decoramasolutions.com for more details.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ipsumers out there,

Just purchased a 240e Ipsum, its a direct import from Japan into Singapore. Found something strange. When I open the boot, the central lock gets activated and locked up the whole car. I can still open the boot though. Is this a feature or do you think there is something wrong with my remote alarm system?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been driving this car for nearly a month now..it's good and responsive..good fuel consumption too..city drive - 450Km for 43L and h/way - 506Km (120km/hr-140km/hr)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
:D

There are more and more Ipsum on the road nowadays..in Kuala Lumpur!

hi matnor,

just booked ipsum today...

it's 1996 model registered in 2004.

I will be the 2nd owner...hope to get my ipsum next week after all the

application (finance etc) approved.

U can contact me at 016-2901636..maybe i can share your knowledge

about this car... :bye:

• 1 month later...

My 2004 Ipsum 240e vibrates whenever I stop at the traffic. It is annoying. Anyone has similar experience?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2001 Ipsum 240i imported from Japan. It is currently on the standard 15" wheels. Is anyone running one on 16 or 17 inch wheels as I am looking to put mag wheels on it and want to which will be best for handling.