Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ice Built-in Screens Flickering

fergalcrawford

Our Corolla Verso T-Spirit has the built-in DVD player under the driver's seat. I tried playing a video in it, but both screens just flicker, like they aren't quite tuned in. I am guessing that it could just be some loose wiring under the seat, but the car has come to us without a manual for the DVD system. Can anyone point me to an online version of the manual, or does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? I am not sure that I want to dig in too much without proper instructions in case I break something.

Our Corolla Verso T-Spirit has the built-in DVD player under the driver's seat. I tried playing a video in it, but both screens just flicker, like they aren't quite tuned in. I am guessing that it could just be some loose wiring under the seat, but the car has come to us without a manual for the DVD system. Can anyone point me to an online version of the manual, or does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? I am not sure that I want to dig in too much without proper instructions in case I break something.

hi. first try changing the display mode on the screens, either on the buttons on both screens or through the remote, there are three different modes of display try changing them until you get a picture usually the case on most cars, if its still flickering after that then complletely remove the headrest and check the connector for any looseness, failing that, it on a more costly route is both screens have gone or the dvd player. (Screens are quite common problems and cost around 1200 quid. But it is uncommon for both screens to go hence checking the modes first. )

• 2 weeks later...

We have had a similar problem of intermittent flickering with out DVD system. Assuming you have tried and changed from PAL to NTSC and back again does, the flickering appear identical on both screens?

During the latest visit to the garage last week to try and sort this out I sat in the car with their ICE expert and he managed to bang one of the headrests to re-produce the flickering. But what he said was that it was unusual that both screens were affected in exactly the same way, which suggested it was not the individual wiring/connection to one of the headrests at fault (Which is apparently a common problem when headrests get pulled out too far).

Upon further investigation they believe there is a fault in the DVD system wiring loom somewhere and are trying to find the correct part for it to fix it. (It has been a week and they have still not managed to track down the part!)

We've had problems with the DVD system since we bought the car. Its still under warranty so backwards and forwards to the garage about 5 times.

First it was the IR emitter on the left hand side of the car not working (2 visits), then the flickering screens (3 visits) which has resulted in them changing the DVD player but still not fixed!

I will keep you posted on progress - I should hear from them soon hopefully.

DIYFiddler.

PS Garage is Toll House Toyota Gatwick