Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Side Skirts

Shappers

Hi guys,

am thinking of sprucing up my little red yaris, and want your opinions on sideskirts.

I currently have a 2008 1.4D SR, which as you all know comes with the TTE rear spoiler, Wheels and lowering springs. Since owning the car i've also added the TTE back box.

Now, TTE also do side skirts and a front lip, which looks something like this...

Yaris_TTE_01.jpg

link to the TTE site also: http://www.tte.de/cm_yaris_XP9.htm

Now this kit looks amazing on the dark grey / silver cars, but I can't help thinking that just the side skirts would look odd, and I'd therefore need to fork out for the front lip aswell. So firstly, I guess I want opinions on how you think those two would look on a Chilli Red yaris.

Secondly, on the 1.8 Yaris (or the RS as it's known elsewhere) they came with chunkier skirts, as per this picture below:

tyyar033.jpg

yts2.jpg

and I can't help thinking that these skirts would look fine without the need for the front lip aswell... I'm also assuming these would fit no problem onto non 1.8 models.

Any opinions welcome :)

For what my opinion counts, i would get the skirts and front splitter.

It would really suit the red of your car. B)

Do they do anything for the rear like a diffuser or small subtle lip? ;)

Well the rear end of the Yaris SR has the black fake diffuser... as below... so they don't do anything specifically for it

028_Rev2.jpg

My only concern is i've not seen a picture of the TTE stuff on a red car, whereas there's plenty of shots of the 1.8 kit on red motors...! An interesting dilema...!

39 views and no replies? wow this thread has bombed.... hehe

Looks like everyone has been 'Skirting' round the issue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind, I think, and am sure many others will too, that this type of Yaris really doesn't lend itself as much as the 'old shape', when it comes to adding kits. I think it is just too bulbous... The old one had 'cute' appeal, which the new model, although technically, a better car, totally lost.

39 views and no replies? wow this thread has bombed.... hehe

Looks like everyone has been 'Skirting' round the issue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind, I think, and am sure many others will too, that this type of Yaris really doesn't lend itself as much as the 'old shape', when it comes to adding kits. I think it is just too bulbous... The old one had 'cute' appeal, which the new model, although technically, a better car, totally lost.

Yeah I get what you're saying...

But I am finding myself thinking the 1.8 skirts just add something, whereas the TTE one is a bit ungainly looking. Just awaiting price of the SR1.8 skirts and whether they'd actually fit my car (can't see why they wouldn't mind you!)

Cheers,

I would have thought they would... with the old car, the 3 and 5 door car had the same skirts! the side is the same size, just different doors. one thing, though. If you wanted skirts, you couldn't fit front mudflaps!

yeah i'm veering towards the SR skirts. Should just finish the car off nicely.

Next tuning box, rear sway bar and perhaps some tints....

Well after getting some prices for the parts, it seems the TTE kit is substantially cheaper than the 1.8 skirts, so am going to go for those... just need to get some prices on spraying an fitting. Anyone have any idea of ball park figures?