Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some Help With My E12 Please

siu16

Hi guys, I just did an oil change on my car, changed the usual bits and changed the injectors along with it. Improved the idling quite a bit. I wanted to change the fuel filter as well but couldn't find where the hell it is! I tried to look online but no luck, then called Toyota to ask but they said its built in to the fuel pump and is not a part you can service. But, I have bought the part which is supplied by Toyota separately so surely it can be changed otherwise they would have just sold me the whole fuel pump system.

Has anyone changed this part on their car? If so anyone know where it is located and how to do it? I'm trying my best to get better MPG from my motor, the injectors really didn't do anything even doe it was supposed to help by up to 30% as some websites stated!

P.S My engines the T3 1.4 4ZZ-FE engine.

sounds like you are spending more £££ in useless parts than you will ever recoup in increased MPG to me...

take heed from the injectors and accept that the way you will increase your mpg is to drive slower.

changing fuel fiters ona fresh petrol car is fairly uncommon,

what mpgs are you getting, i reckon you should be getting about 42 mpg

as was said handier driving maybe, although i know where your coming from,

my car was sick for 18months and loosing 100 mile per tank for last 2 months of it,

car is fixed of problem but still loosing fuel, waiting to get it back into garage,

i believe there are adjustment that can be made on the fuel pump for consuption

Fuel Filter on our 2ZZGEs is combined into the fuel pump, looks like it can be taken apart though - 2ZZGE Website

Its probably in the same location, E12 design after all - sits in the fuel tank obviously :lol: If Mick24 was around i'm sure he could tell you more.

My fiesta had the fuel filter replaced as part of its 40k service (1.6 petrol), but your right in that they probably dont clog as fast as diseal. But you would think allowing it to freely take more fuel, you would mke your mpg worse lol!

Well the car is idling quite unstable, its funny because when I switch my dim lights on the idling is much smoother as it sits at about 800rpm, sometimes I feel like just driving all day with the lights on. Well I wanted to service everything together to make it run more efficiently since I will be doing a lot of driving on the motorways etc. To be honest I had a Micra 1.0 which as a official record would do 46mpg, the corolla 1.4 figure is 42mpg but it feels more like I am doing 30mpg with the corolla, trust me you can not drive slower then me, I am a driving instructor in the day and so I never go over 30mph in the city and always try to get to the high gears. Anyhow at this rate I will end up selling this car, I don't think its as good as my old E11.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links