Do Not Sell My Personal Information

18" Alloys

andycam06

thinking about putting 18's on my yolk and the lad said i would be looking at getting 225/40/18

just wondering anybody who had 18s, will these rub, i know there will be no bother getting them in the arch but will they rub when locking the steering wheel or the back hit the arches when bouncing with a load or anything.

iav 17's at the minute, 215/45/17, iav no hastle with steering lock, the back rubs if back loaded and go over bumps, thats it,

i dont want to be constantly hearing rubbing and screeching noises :(

thinking about putting 18's on my yolk and the lad said i would be looking at getting 225/40/18

just wondering anybody who had 18s, will these rub, i know there will be no bother getting them in the arch but will they rub when locking the steering wheel or the back hit the arches when bouncing with a load or anything.

iav 17's at the minute, 215/45/17, iav no hastle with steering lock, the back rubs if back loaded and go over bumps, thats it,

Surely if the back tyres rub when you go over bumps does it not point out that something is amiss and could be very dangerous - CRAZY:)

Surely if the back tyres rub when you go over bumps does it not point out that something is amiss and could be very dangerous - CRAZY:)

nothing is amiss, my car is lowered 40mm on 17s, if iav a few people in the back she drops even more and rubs off the inner arch, i could roll the arches or give it a bigger camber but it doesnt happen too often that i would have more than 3 in the car

nothing is amiss, my car is lowered 40mm on 17s, if iav a few people in the back she drops even more and rubs off the inner arch, i could roll the arches or give it a bigger camber but it doesnt happen too often that i would have more than 3 in the car

So its only dangerous sometimes then ROFL!!!!!!!!

yes, thats it james................its only dangerous sometimes :huh:

yes, thats it james................its only dangerous sometimes :huh:

Is that the same as being only a little bit pregnant then.LOL!!!!!!!!!!:)

I ran 215/35 and 215/40's on my 18's with no problems at all.

Car was lowered on Eibachs, so about a 30mm drop compared to stock Corolla. There was plenty of give forthe additional 10mm you have been lowered.

I run 18s with 215/35/18 rubber, no probs at all, will go 40 when they need replacing for a bit more comfort.

Not sure if 225s will rub, im sure someone has mentioned they do, someone from Norway or something like that.

18s do look sooo much nicer .... good luck fella..... pics when you get them.

I run 215/40/R18 and never had a single issue with rubbing etc (I also have a 30mm drop). I think that the "best" fit is actually 205/40 on an 18 incher and I'd personally stay away from a 225 on the rolla especially if it is being dropped.

I run 215/40/R18 and never had a single issue with rubbing etc (I also have a 30mm drop). I think that the "best" fit is actually 205/40 on an 18 incher and I'd personally stay away from a 225 on the rolla especially if it is being dropped.

thanks for the replys lads, well the lad were iam 'planning' on buying said that 225/40/18 is the recommended size for 18, as 215/45/17 is best for 17, people put whatever size on they want i suppose.

if i go for a 215/40 instead it would leave the circumference 4mm smaller and 10mm narrower, as i said in an earlier post the back tyre rub off the acrhes going over a bumpy road with a bit of weight in the back so iam really afraid of this getting worse which is why iam considering coilovers, but dont have the money at the minute iam afraid

out of curiousity- does/did anybody have the same problem as me with rubbing off the arches with their lowered rolla ?

also- how good a fit were your springs or did you fit yourself ? mine cut through the rubber top mount and

iam going to have to get it replaced soon :(

im on coilovers with 215/45

dropped at around 20mm lower than what my 45mm springs were....you can imagine what is happening.....lol

I know exactly whats happening!! :D

I have 18's with 215/40 and lowered 45mm. If going over a dip in the road at speed then it will rub a little & if i have rear passengers which is very rare it rubs a lot!!

I cannot full lock its that bad lol....the guy who fitted my coilovers got excited and just dropped it one time.

im on coilovers with 215/45

dropped at around 20mm lower than what my 45mm springs were....you can imagine what is happening.....lol

iam not on my own so :D

and is that 17 or 18 farhanali89 ?

so your dropped 65mm, oh that sounds like heartacke

went away last summer with a couple of friends for the weekend, 4 in the car, weekend of drink and few cloths in boot, travelling 80 miles over the bounciest roads ireland has to offer, i think i took a mini heart attack on the way

• 2 weeks later...

might be getting these wheels pretty soon but iam afraid of tyre prices, i like the thoughts of having a nice wide 225, but dont want it constantly rubbing but at an additional cost of €32 extra per tyre for a 215 it puts the price of tyre through the roof

any suggestions, what would yous do ?

225/35/18 is probably the best 18" size to get. Less change of rubbing and rolldiameter is about spot in in relation to the speedo. One thing that has to be added into the picture here is the offset of the rims. Too much offset will increase the risk of rubbing regardless of width.

I have 17s with 215/45/17, i reckon im dropped about 60mm at the front.....stupidly low. basically you cant put your foot under the tte front bumper........... lol